Pics of my car after upgrading headlights

and i just love the colour of my car after it's had a darn good polish and in the sun (all be it winter!)

My car is Pearlescent Santorin Blue

Cheers mate! You beet me to my final pic!! Am so pleased with the fit of the lights since I regrinded it to perfection!!! Looks as good as OEM I think!!

really nice mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. is that angel eye rings in there as well?

cheers! no they're just the standard valeo projector headlights that are standard on A4 99.5-01 / S4.

Am getting some xenons in there real soon! I've ordered them from Germany in the christmas post rush of all times!!

the lights look strange as the sun put too much orange in them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Good job!! First time seen your car proper- that colour is gorgeous!!

i agree, colour is v nice, blue always look good, needs lowering a wee bit me thinks.

Yeah I love the colour!! I must admit I am a fan of yours snoop too, I like it!!

Am thinking next time I change some tyres of buying some 18" alloys. Prob cost £80 per tyre fitted and I here you can get 18" RS4s with decent tyres, delivered for £620 from Rochford tyres. Could prob get £200 for mine on ebay too. But all in the fullness of time!!

Xenons my next big step and can't wait till they come!!

Just a thought...
I wonder what the chances are of the police pulling you over and then noticing you don't have (or testing to see) self levelling lights?

Think my bet would be around the 1million to 1 mark!

John

Yeah I think that too QuantumJohn. But I reckon they might question it if it didn't have washers.
But then again I'd only be using them at night and who's going to see them at night!!

Ill help you out here, I have had 3 MOT's with Xenon's fitted and all passed fine, I was not using projectors either on my B5 there are plenty of pics and videos on my webby My website I now have a B6 audi quattro with non xenon projectors, and have fitted them in there, the light cut off is almost the same as xenon projectors, there is nothing "yet" in the MOT testers handbook about having xenon/HID lights in a car, or retro fitting them, although they are trying to make it illegal in the states.

You can fit self levelers quite easy, you just replace your old motors with the new ones, basiclly self levelers are just small motors with a tilt sensor that when you travel uphill or have loads in the car componsate buy lowering/raising the beam.

I would say though, I have noticed this year in the UK my lights get dirty real quick, and I had washers on my B5 quattro, this time I dont have washers and it makes the lights a bit dimmer when driving at night, So I do tend to wash my lenses alot, when I fill up etc.
hope this helps

Ronny

hmmm. i don't think the self levelling lights is as simple as a motor with a tilt sensor as otherwise if the weight was equally distribuuted front and back, the car would be lower down but level. I think it uses sensors on the suspension that measure the travel of the front and back suspension(inclinometer?), which is then subtracted to give the feedback to the motor to compensate.

ajmackie... from them there piccy's, id say you live damn close to me.....
im by the bridgewater canal, runcorn east end....?

small world mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

s4hid9.jpg

Thats the Auto level motor, read this post Here

that's from an american site. the americans don't have normal headlight adjustors, so the guy who did that tech thinks that they are the whole thing. that is just the motor, the actual control side is elsewhere. on the ETKA audi parts catalogue it shows the suspension sensors. He has taken that out of his xenon usa lights and put them into xenon euro lights thats all.