Pics of my A4 After detail.

Alangc

Reaction score
got the car back after three days of cleaning and am very impressed with the results.

Process

Wash - Megs all purpose cleaner
Clay - Poorboys clay using megs last touch as lube
Polish - menz powergloss (in places), menz ip3.02, menz 106fa. Badges removed then area sanded with 3000 paper
Glaze - megs #7
Wax - collinite 476s
Wheels - AS tardis, poorboys wheel sealant
Tyres - Megs APC, megs endurance tyre gel
Arches - Megs APC, Megs alls eason dressing
Trim - AG bumper care, Megs all season dressing
Exhaust - wire wool, autosol, megs all metal polysh

after pics

17-11.jpg

18-10.jpg

19-9.jpg

23-8.jpg

14-12.jpg

Looks fantastic mate. :thumbsup:

That looks the Bollo* my friend...

But i know it's all fake, you can't hide.

I know this because it hasn't stop pi**in' down in days...

Joking aside, looks superb.

Offfff on a Tangent.. what are those wheels ? And would you give them to me for free as a kind gift of humanity ?..

I've to go and what ????:hi:

Looks amazing bud really like the car where did you get them wheels from i'm wanting the same after x-mas

Offfff on a Tangent.. what are those wheels ? And would you give them to me for free as a kind gift of humanity ?..

I've to go and what ????:hi:

I do believe they are RS4's :)

As for the car....good job. I did mine before Audi driver and it took me 6 frigging hours. She does look good though :icon_thumright:

Stacie

You done a Good job there mate, Looks amazing!
I did mine last week, took me 5 hrs and I was that Fooooked after it, Id completely forgot to take pics....by next day it had rained!

I do mine in Morrisons supermarket Silver drive-thru wash. I do beleive in the ultimate cleaning experience, after all the Silver service may not be the top one (Gold wash is £4.99) but at £3.99, I think it represents a good all round performance plateau and a long lasting shine and deep lustre for such a significant investment.

All in, the process time is acceptible at around 4 minutes, although I do feel a bit tired after walking round the car at the wash exit to see if the under-spoiler area has been properly detailed, as previous bristle-wash systems have been less than satisfactory in this respect, though the new black-foam brushes are simply excellent in their cleaning power and shine delivery.

All in all a very good result as long as you do the wheels before-hand with the £1.99 jet wash as this gives the ultimate in wheel cleaning.

At £5.98 in total then, it isnt affordable by everyone, but then it is worth the added expense over letting the rain wash it, or next doors kids armed with a grit-encrusted kitchen scourer and a bucket of fairy liquid.

I intend to post full pics after my next visit, and hope it doesnt encite too much jealousy over the finely detailed finish and mirror-like shine.

:)

I intend to post full pics after my next visit, and hope it doesnt encite too much jealousy over the finely detailed finish and mirror-like shine.

Nice, I wouldn't put my worst enemy's car through a car wash, nasty. :wacko:

Here's mine after some TLC at Audi Driver 2008..............

DSCF1829.jpg

DSCF1819.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1859.jpg

_MG_0080.jpg

_MG_0125.jpg

There's nothing like a properly cleaned car. It's all in the detail ;)

BUB :beerchug:

Evil, you've let me down mate!
How can you take your motor through sand blaster like that..
Only thing id take through there is my berlingo works van!

I do mine in Morrisons supermarket Silver drive-thru wash. I do beleive in the ultimate cleaning experience, after all the Silver service may not be the top one (Gold wash is £4.99) but at £3.99, I think it represents a good all round performance plateau and a long lasting shine and deep lustre for such a significant investment.

All in, the process time is acceptible at around 4 minutes, although I do feel a bit tired after walking round the car at the wash exit to see if the under-spoiler area has been properly detailed, as previous bristle-wash systems have been less than satisfactory in this respect, though the new black-foam brushes are simply excellent in their cleaning power and shine delivery.

All in all a very good result as long as you do the wheels before-hand with the £1.99 jet wash as this gives the ultimate in wheel cleaning.

At £5.98 in total then, it isnt affordable by everyone, but then it is worth the added expense over letting the rain wash it, or next doors kids armed with a grit-encrusted kitchen scourer and a bucket of fairy liquid.

Good one ! LOL.

LOL! I just thought id inject a wee bit of wry scots humour into the subject hehe.

In actual fact, the day I picked up the car, it picked up 3 dents and 4 deep scratches / gouges from the aforementioned kids as I share a driveway with next door and now park it in the street!

I do intend to get it repainted but not by some cowboy so when thats done then the detailing will begin.....but i'll probably pay a valet service to do it cos with my shifts and all that I barely get time to do anything.

Thats if I dont change it but the credit crunch ****** means parting with loads of cash deposits now so still shopping around.

The last straw was when the said kids turned up at the door wi a bucket o mucky water and a kitchen scouring pad asking if they could wash it.....the oldest was 9, I declined but gave them £2 to leave it alone and try someone else LOL

emotlol_21.gif

hey all thanks for the replys. i didnt do the detail myself a local girl did it for me if any of you are ever on detailingworld you will know here as r6th_m or something like that lol. she done a real good job three days cleaning for £160 i have some before/ after and 50/50 shots i will put up later the removal of swirl marks was amazing.

Thats ****** cheap and well worth the money!She done a cracking Job.
Yeah get the before, between and after shots up mate.

So she wasnt counting on it taking that long by sounds of it. Defo got a bargain there. Your paint work was pretty swirly wasnt it, mine was but not that bad. Just make sure you maintain it now till you do it again next year. Im still gonna go over mine with the machine waffle, just lacking that deeper shine since I had the respray,its driving me nuts!

So whats this young lady look like then...:eyebrows:
Is she worth having round your house for 3 days,lol...?

lol i dropped the car off at hers lol and a public forum is no place to discus matters of that nature. im appauled lol:redface:

very good work, did it start raining 3 mins later???
does the mags tyre gel last long. i have used a few and not happy with them.