Pics: H&R 35mm springs with H&R spacers on A3 S-Line

MG

Reaction score
Finally got around to uploading some pics of my car. I will update this thread with further pics over the coming few weeks as I'm having a few bits done between now and the end of the month. In the meantime here are some before and afters when changing the standard S-Line springs to H&R 35mm.

Before:
CIMG0777.jpg

CIMG0778.jpg

CIMG0782.jpg

After:
CIMG0797.jpg

CIMG0798.jpg

CIMG0788.jpg

CIMG0799.jpg

I'm having the following done over the next three weeks:
- rear windows tinted on Saturday (yet to be 100% sure on how this will look but I'm giving it go)
- Full MV-Sport exhaust system on Monday
- S3 Brakes fitted on Monday (provided they turn up in time)
- 2007 S-Line front bumper and black optics grill fitted

I will do the rear bumper and hopefully get some S3 side skirts as soon money allows. Being slightly disappointed with the drop on the H&Rs I'd love to get some coilovers but that's probably a way off yet. Likewise I will be saving for a new set of wheels at some point over the coming months... Overall though I'm happy with how things are going and can't wait to get the new exhaust on Monday. If there's time I'm going to see Michael at Superchips on the way home to get the car on their Dyno.

Anyway, ta for looking and feel free to comment.

Last edited:
When did you change your springs. ?

If you have only just done them, they will settle a bit more yet :)

When I changed mine, they settled quite a bit over a week or so.

Car looks really nice I personally like the standard s-line looks but there is always room for improvement but its a solid base to start from.

Looks much better mate! How do these compare to the ride comfort compared to your s-line? Im still deciding between h&r or kw springs

How do these compare to the ride comfort compared to your s-line?

I find the ride pretty good actually. There's no doubt it's firm but it perfectly acceptable, especially given the shocking state of the roads where I live.

You should have saved up and coils from the start dude!

Totally agree. I've spanked £350 (inc fitting cost) that could have gone towards a set of decent coilovers but you live an learn! I wasn't going for an absolutely slammed look so thought I might get away with just the springs. Anyway, I was expecting far worse comment from you Nate, so thanks I think!

Totally agree

So you should :laugh:.

but you live an learn!

You do indeed, well said :applaus:

I wasn't going for an absolutely slammed look so thought I might get away with just the springs

Thats what I love about coilovers, you have the height adjustability to set it how low or high :ninja: you want it! :wub:

I was expecting far worse comment from you Nate, so thanks I think!

What were you expecting me to say? :wacko: