1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking up our sportback this week

chippy1970 Sep 23, 2013

1. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Got an email today , our scuba blue sportback sport is at the dealer :)

Hopefully it will be ready to collect soon , don't know how long pdi and registration etc takes.

coolguy, TDI-line and SportbackStu like this.
  2. Fragup

Fragup Member

normally around a week ish ? Bet you can't wait, I have another 2 months wait yet.
    Did you spec any extras ?

3. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

You got the right model, trim and colour - that's all I can say :)

4. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Thanks

Their computer system was down today so gotta wait for a call tomorrow to choose the reg number.

Think I'm more excited than my wife and she will use it more than me. I've got a t5 van I use :)

5. smk82

smk82 Active Member

Choose the reg number???:w00t: I got told by my dealer that it is automatically assigned and that you can't choose it anymore:banghead:

6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

It's automatically assigned in that they download them in batches from the DVLA, but it's then their choice what car gets what out of the ones they got I think.

7. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Yeah we asked when we put our deposit down.

I bought my van new and was told I couldn't choose , but then a really helpful girl at the vw dealer found me a reg with my 2 initials at the end. So you can choose but as above it's only from that dealers allocation.

8. A3sportbackMark

A3sportbackMark Active Member

Welcome chippy, nice colour, not that I'm biased! :whistle2:Have you go for a petrol or diesel?

9. coolguy

coolguy Member

Agree :yes:

10. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Thanks

We've just gone for the 1.4 tfsi 122, we test drove a 3 door and that engine seemed nippy enough. We've gone for the comfort package too.

My wife wanted auto but I wasn't bothered and were getting a manual.

11. Fragup

Fragup Member

the 1.4 TFSI 122 seams to get the most positive feed back on here, people generally pleasantly surprised at the performance and mpg, so nice choice.

12. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

On my way to get it now :) thought it would be a few days but we got the call to say it's ready.

13. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wasn't expecting that. We turned up and it was under a cover with our name on a plaque. They gave my wife a big bunch of flowers too.

So far so good , loving all the gadgets our old car didn't even have electric Windows :)

Many thanks to Warren at slough Audi :)

14. A3sportbackMark

A3sportbackMark Active Member

Looks the business chippy, stunning if I may say so! I will look out for you, I'm not too far from slough, enjoy. :laugh:

15. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

One thing I didn't check was how much fuel it had in it. Have to have a fiddle with all the buttons tomorrow when I get home. Not seen the fuel gauge yet :)

16. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member Team Mythos Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi

The chaps at Slough are excellent :)

They did the same reveal for mine! 10/10 for customer service

17. coolguy

coolguy Member

Looks exactly the same as mine :happy:

What spec you go for chippy?

18. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Yeah much better than the idiot who we saw at Walton Audi. Needless to say they didn't get our money.:)

19. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

Always good to read a dealer has gone to extra effort to make it a special purchase, :thumbsup: Slough Audi

20. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Hi cool, it's a sport with comfort pack.

21. coolguy

coolguy Member

Nice, no Xenon lights??? They look very nice.

22. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Don't you start :)

My mate said I should've got them

I didn't think they were worth the 1500 extra the standard lights are fine

23. AJB

AJB Active Member

You're both completely right!

24. cemerson

They aren't that much in combination with the comfort pack

25. Anton5071

Anton5071 New Member

I bought mine from Sheffield Audi and they had a James bond style lift which brought the car up from the floor below! He let me control the lift which was good. The mrs took a video as apparently I looked like a kid on Christmas!

26. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Just noticed we didn't get a tax disc holder with the car. I'm surprised because dealers normally love to plaster their name everywhere.

Apparently it will take a few days for our tax disc to come through from dvla. I better order a nice Audi tax disc holder.

27. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

Hi, they've changed the way tax discs are issued for a new car now. I am surprised that Audi don't inform their customers of this. On the Ford website:
    From 22 July 2013, there will be a change in how your Dealer issues tax discs for new cars. We want to make sure you’re aware that from now on, you’ll be receiving your tax disc within 14 days of purchase.

How do I get my new tax disc?
    Your Ford Dealer will register your vehicle with the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) for you. The difference is that rather than getting your tax disc when you drive away your new vehicle, you’ll now receive it within 14 days, to your chosen address.

Can I drive my new vehicle off the forecourt without a tax disc?
    Yes, but only for 14 days. The changes allow newly registered vehicles to be used/driven on the road for up to 14 calendar days from the date of registration without the need to display the tax disc.

How will I get my tax disc so that I can display it?
    Your new tax disc will arrive in the post. It will be posted by the DVLA to either the Dealer, the address of the registered owner of the vehicle or to the address of the Fleet operator – depending on what you choose.

However I would have thought that Audi would have given you a holder at least..

28. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Thanks cuke but Audi did inform us I know all about the above.

It's the tax disc holder I'm on about not the disc itself. As I say I'm surprised it didn't have one as it's free advertising for the dealer.

Might get one off eBay, one of those magnetic ones. I could do with a better one for my van too

29. JohnM100

JohnM100 #teamSepang VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

I got a cheap Magnetax from eBay and took out the dealer tax disc holder. Had not seen them before - nice idea and low profile.

However, I my tax disc was in the car on collection day.....

John.

30. chippy1970

chippy1970 Member

Just ordered two one for my t5 and one for the a3