1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picking up my new car soon. A few questions.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by borofoga, Aug 20, 2009.

1. borofoga

borofoga New Member

My car has now been delivered but I'm due to collect my car on the 1st September under the scrappage scheme :-D

Question is do I

1) Call my current insurers and change the details of the car?

2) If the quote is too high by my current insurers can I cancel my policy and would I receive a pro-rata refund?

3) I'm assuming I won't obtain any no claim bonus if I do cancel?

4) Has anybody got any links to what products are best to use for washing/cleaning (cloth, wax etc) a Phantom Black Audi A3?

5) Also any links to where I should buy my engine oil from for a 1.9 TDI PD engine?

Sorry for all the questions & Many thanks in Advance
  2. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator

You'd get a pro-rata refund yes but they normally add a penalty of a month or so I think. But as you say they're not obliged to give you that years no claims so if that's important to you then I'd take their quote. It's a maths question really. i.e. will the extra you may have to pay out to finish that year work out to a lot more than the months of no claims you would be throwing away? If they gave you a good enough quote in the first place they may give you a good quote now!

You could always get quotes from elsewhere first and use them as leverage.

There are some very good threads in the detailing forum and even a dedicated thread for dark pearlescent cars:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=116

For oil just go to Halfords mate. They have those books that tell you which you can choose from and then it's up to you which brand to pick.