Picking the car up in a week. What to lookout for?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
So my car should be here on the 5th and needs 2-3 days in the port before I take delivery of it.

Anything I should lookout or ask for? The dealer said to "prepare myself" for the day so I'm just doing my homework.

Slightly tongue in cheek response but make sure everything you ordered is on it!
My A3 (8P) was in the wrong colour, no cruise control, wrong seating fabric and wrong stereo! Yet it still had the Audi check sheet completed.Needless to say I didn't accept it.
It was a company car and i wonder if they messed up and just used what they had to see if I'd accept it. I couldnt get to the bottom of the incompetence.

Take your time and go prepared. And have a good search of the forums too.

Slightly tongue in cheek response but make sure everything you ordered is on it!
My A3 (8P) was in the wrong colour, no cruise control, wrong seating fabric and wrong stereo! Yet it still had the Audi check sheet completed.Needless to say I didn't accept it.
It was a company car and i wonder if they messed up and just used what they had to see if I'd accept it. I couldnt get to the bottom of the incompetence.

Take your time and go prepared. And have a good search of the forums too.

Damn, if that happens to me I would lose it!

Would definitely not accept the car unless it is exactly how I specified it otherwise I will drive the car or the demo car until they build me the car I paid for.

Reactions: Blackwhite
Damn, if that happens to me I would lose it!

Would definitely not accept the car unless it is exactly how I specified it otherwise I will drive the car or the demo car until they build me the car I paid for.

I would definitely do the same! :redface new:

So my car should be here on the 5th and needs 2-3 days in the port before I take delivery of it.

Anything I should lookout or ask for? The dealer said to "prepare myself" for the day so I'm just doing my homework.
The forum search feature is good for this :)

Reactions: drummerdimitri
I was quite pragmatic as the wrong colour would have been enough for me to say no, but the rest of the errors led to all concerned shaking their heads! No-one seemed to tell me what went wrong but all worked quickly to resolve things and I only had to wait 3 months for the new one. Which was 100% right!

I think if i was handing over £20k plus at the time of my own money then I would have gone ape! But somehow being a company car it didnt seem as bad, particularly as they gave me lots of other cars during the subsequent wait. An A3, Golf Gti, MG ZT V6 (nice engine, fuel thirsty!) and some Ford C Max thing last which was painful to the extreme and made the A3 that came an absolute dream.

Make a checklist, take it with you on the day and make absolutely sure you go through it. Guarantee you'll be too excited and miss a few things!

The salesman was quite happy to do the handover then go back inside while I spent 30mins going over it!

Reactions: drummerdimitri and Minion Bob!
Will be taking the list of options specified on the car with me and make sure they are all available on my car then.

Thanks for the tip! Will also be inspecting the paintwork to make sure there are no dealer inflicted swirls otherwise I will insist they pay to have it polished professionally at a reputable shop.

Make sure the V5C (Logbook) states the correct vehicle.
Picked up an A3 TDi and the V5C stated A4 Petrol Version.

Hassle to get it changed.

Enjoy your Handover / Drive

:racer:

Picking up mine hopefully tomorrow or Friday waiting for dealer to get back to me
But I also will be checking to make sure everything is on it what I ordered

Pictures will be uploaded

Start dropping hints about collection day goodies !!!

Take your time ....ask him to give you 10mins alone so you can go over the car without him putting pressure on you.

ENJOY IT !!!!!

Take Pictures so we can all see :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I picked up mine inside under bright lights so was easy to spot paint issues, of which there was none. However, they didn't sheen the tyres!
As above, you'll be very excited and miss things if you're rushed. Make sure sales person takes you through the full car and tick of your list of options and any questions you have as you go. Best bit of advice from above is to ask for 10 mins alone with the car. Invaluable. Also means you can instantly relay any issues to the dealer.
Dealer Principle came in and shook my hand which I thought was very nice as MINI never did it on any of our 3 collection days.
Most of all, enjoy it. And take as many pics as you can.

Oh I will I've got my order list ready keeping my eyes open for any paint marks hopefully not just excited to say the least as this is my 1st audi but will take as many photos as possible

Reactions: Scottyg
It was my first, also. And have to say probably the best put together I've in front of my old Scirocco and 5 series. Don't know what took me as long to get into an Audi. Wish I'd done it sooner.