Picked up my first S3 today

I

imported_ashs3

And I am well chuffed, the car looks so damn good in black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One thing I was not expecting is to be able to hear the turbo sucking, not that I mind, it just screams FAST! also the throaty note of the exhaust (not blowing or anything) it is quite throaty low down until revs build up, if you know what I mean? The car handles so much better than my beemer and who said 4 wheel drive is not fun, it makes the Pirelli boots it has on stick like glue. Managed to get the dealer to fill it up with Optimax as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just ordered the chrome mirrors from JBR and got 5% discount for being on this forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Next is the AMD remap...... and then, who knows!

Nice one.

Mine is black too - beautiful when polished, gloomy when dirty! That's black for you.

I agree you can hear the turbo sucking but it's not as loud as my previous Golf GTI 1.8T, that turbo was very loud.

I also agree the exhaust has a lovely growl.

Enjoy the ride.

nearly went for a black one myself but ended up joining the silver club ( 5 or 6 of us all have silver R32,TT,S3,KA,GTI anniversary,another TT, its a silver car club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Got my silver S3 a few weeks ago fantastic car, my mate just got a Y plate M3 and I honestly think the S3 is a nicer car, and thats not being biased at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif