Picked up another bargain today!

s3 Hoggy

Whats going on???
Reaction score
I've only gone and picked up another bargain today!

I managed to get hold of a set of LCR Brembo's and also a forge turbo hose for the measly sum of...

£150! Lol! The calipers are in good condition but had a bit of lacquer peel so I've started stripping them back ready for a refurb. I only realy posted this to brag! Any way here's a couple of quick pics

3b40b14f.jpg

in the process of striping the second

9201cf87.jpg

First one stripped and a pic of the hose

63a16d8c.jpg

Think I done quite well!

fairplay, cant complain at that price. Look like there coming up alright to!

You like your bargains like...... I can remember one you got....:thumbsup:

I don't no HOW you find these bargains Matt. Good buy though.

Wow!!

Thats an amazing bargain - where from dude??

Are you just stripping them with Nitromors Hoggy? I take it you'll rebuild them with new seals and stuff when you're finished. Never seen the caliper stripped into halves like that before. Good work :)

Are you just stripping them with Nitromors Hoggy? I take it you'll rebuild them with new seals and stuff when you're finished. Never seen the caliper stripped into halves like that before. Good work :)

Its not nitromorz mate it's some other stripper my dad got its ****** good stuff! the brakes were fitted with new seals not long ago so I've covered all the inside faces of the calipers and stripping the outside faces, the bloke I bought them from included new transfer tubes and new hoses from the back of the caliper to the little bracket thing. so I just snipped the transfers and separated the calipers for better access. Got a mate who's gunna check them over once ive rebuilt them before I get them fitted

Wow ur making my finds look expensive we have a new del boy in the house!

bargin mate thought mine was a good price at £230 with everthing ha

Haha! Westy you gotta be cheeky and persistent that's the key!

Did they come with a free pizza too, or is it just a cardboard box you're stripping them in? That'd be double-jammy.

Back together, been primed and now have a base coat on! Starting to look good!

56c0986c.jpg

ed8c691c.jpg

Need to fit fit transfer tubes and give them another quick spray. Then fit brembo stickers and lacquer them

Quick update on these, got the stickers on! Nearly there!

480a1585.jpg

df570999.jpg

Hahahaha another bargain!!!

Brand new EBC grooved discs For £60 lol!!!

d1648155.jpg

Getting some ferodo ds 2500 pads and braided lines and I'm good to go!

Yep so I returned the pagid discs to euro car parts and saved a hundred squid and that's why I'm splashing out on ferodo's

Ha ha well done, good find! I usually keep a good eye on the local scrappy :)

Hoggy what primer, paint etc you use? Also anything to note when stripping the calipers down? Did yours need anything doing to them?

Ya like a bargain don't ya mate..... I can remember another 1 you had....

I used halfords paint Dani just regular primer, colour coat then laquer. No high temp stuff mate, I read a few how too on a scoot website and they had done the same. The colour I used is Seat Flash red and I think it's spot on

**** hot. Did you have to chnage anything mechanical, seals, pistons etc?

You have done a brilliant job on painting those mate! And good find on the discs.

**** hot. Did you have to chnage anything mechanical, seals, pistons etc?

The previous owner reliably informed me that they had new seals not long before I bought them. The dust seals also looked new so I took his word for it. They do work perfectly and I checked over them 500 miles after fitting and they are all good