Picked it up today :)

Medders

Reaction score
I finally got to pick the S8 up today after painful days of waiting, and all I can say is fantastic.

It has absolutely everything we wanted from a family car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I almost scared myself when I floored it on the way home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's nearly as fast as my P1 was, handles fantastically for a big car, and fits me, wife and baby, plus all luggage in supreme comfort.

The only minus is the TV reception is a bit pants, but hey thats minor.

Anyway - I am well happy - I'll post a piccy when I've taken on e(and when I can find out how to - any help anyone ?)

cheers

Paul

Extremely happy S8 owner who cant stop grinning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Superb! Glad you like it, Are they 20's? (you had a suspicion they may be 19's) Uploading a pic is just a matter of getting a .jpg and pressing the 'upload' button or something like that. Have had a few so having problems with expalining things now. Gonna regret this tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif enjoy the roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

hehe - Hope you had a good one !

The wheels are definately 19's - 255 / 45's iirc.

Look mighty fine too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gotta sort the spare out though. Think they've given me an 18" spare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Driven the car more today - It just gets better and better.

Satnav is fantastic - Even got teletext !!!!

Headlights are even great. And the neat little lights that shine near the floor of you door so you dont step in a puddle. Amazing!

Its really amazing the difference between a "refined" car and the subaru rally replica type cars I am used to.

I've been getting teased about the slippers and pipe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif by people wqho haven't been in it yet.

Took my brother out in it yesterday and again today and he's a total convert !

Checked all the things you suggested and all appears well.

One thing I did notice was when the car started at the dealers with the aircon on there was a small trail of water from the underneath of the engine. Is this normal - the dealer says it is, but it looked like quite a bit of water to me?

cheers

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What sort of mpg are you getting from yours ?

Yeah dont worry bout that its surprising how much comes from the air con, its not leaking its just that it gets so cold the pipes practically freeze, then defrost leaving a puddle on the floor.

As for the pic, when you post click the continue button making sure the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" box is ticked, then click attach and find the file on your hard drive and hey presto its done!

Congrats on a superb car, you will scare many unsuspecting drivers and pssengers in the months to come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif