1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked an A3 up today

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Minton, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Minton

Minton New Member

[Oct 18, 2010]
    Hi all, I'm Matt from Bournemouth. I just picked up a 2004 A3 TDI Sport and it's great.

The previous owner went crazy with the options list. It has an RNS-E, bluetooth, cruise control and voice control (apparently). I get the phone to connect to the Audi, and all that works great. However, I have no idea how to use the voice control system.

I press the button on the multi-function steering wheel and she prompts me to say something but she seems to have no idea what I'm saying.? What can it do, and what am I doing wrong.? I have no idea what I'm doing!

Help would be apopreciated, it's annoying me :) I've tried searching but have not found what I need.

Matt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. Minton

Minton New Member

[Oct 19, 2010]
    Had a play last night, and I can use voice control to dial a number successfully, but nothing else. I suspect it does not have full voice control of the navigation etc, which is fine TBH.

Have to say it's one of the nicest cars I have ever driven - very happy :) I look forward to contributing more on the forum as I learn more....
  4. SneakaFreaka83

SneakaFreaka83 ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet

[Oct 19, 2010]
    welcome to ASN buddy enjoy .. any chance of throwing up a few pics for us ......
  5. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

6. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 19, 2010]
    Hiya and welcome. Sounds a really nice car, any pics??
  7. Minton

Minton New Member

[Oct 19, 2010]
    Thanks for the welcome, I'll take some pics tomorrow. It won't be very clean (the ouside anyway, I detailed the interior today - was VERY grubby!)

Just noticed my hazard light switch light stays on constantly - hope it doesn't drain the battery.....
  8. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

[Oct 20, 2010]
    Hello and welcome!

Looking forward to some pics buddy!