Pick up in Germany?

Addict

Reaction score
Anyone considered heading over to pick their new car up and giving it some **** on the Autobahn? :)

Is this possible?

haha I thought you're meant to give it at least 1000 miles break in before giving it some **** ? :)

Would be sweet if you could, but too long of a trip for me!

I know you can specify it as an "option" on an R8. Not sure if you can do the same for an A3/S3?

Planning on taking it back across there anyway on a euro road trip :)

I'll be travelling across to Germany for work reasons a week after picking my car up, a nice long run like that should be a great opportunity to 'get to know' it.

Anyone considered heading over to pick their new car up and giving it some **** on the Autobahn? :)

Is this possible?

No factory collection is possible unfortunately. When I had a 911 it was actually more expensive to collect from the factory than to have collection from local dealer! Go figure!

No factory collection is possible unfortunately. When I had a 911 it was actually more expensive to collect from the factory than to have collection from local dealer! Go figure!

Yer R8 collections were around £1,500 or so my dealer told me.

If your pockets are big enough I'm sure they would do it.

Looked into it because I did the factory tour the week my car went down the line but was told by my dealer that Audi UK doesn't support customer collection from the factory for A3 because of difficulties with registration and import taxes etc... A car has to be registered to be used on German roads which means it would have to be registered IN Germany (and therefore German plates...) and then re-registered on entering UK with all the associated inspections/tax payments etc etc... Really not worth it...

Do you think something has changed with German law or rules? A work colleague picked up his Boxster S from Porsche headquarters in 2006 but enquired to do the same for his impending order on a Macan S only to be told they no longer offer it too

From h5djr:

"As far as I'm aware the only Audi, that UK customers can collect from the factory is the R8. I've been told the the problem is due to the car having to be given a temporary registration in Germany and then registered again in the UK when it entered the UK where it would not be regarded as a new car, having already been registered in another county."

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-number-plate.211085/#post-2097811

I guess for the small numbers of the R8, they can do an exemption workaround. At a cost of course.