1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pic and info request?!?!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dan TheMan Welburn, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Jun 19, 2013]
    Hi all as some of you will know ive been trying to do rear electric window retrofit, today I messed about a little with the coding side seen as ive installed wiring/motors/switches etc, and it seems audi weren't even nice enough to put one standard internal electric wiring loom in and the wiring for the back doors doesn't exist, so some modding in the wiring harnesses is going to be required,

I checked my fuseboard and there is a fuse (24) labelled as rear doors driver and passenger now on my fuseboard there isn't a fuse there and no wiring to it from behind, sooooo I am now assuming there is a piece of wiring required at least between the block which the drivers door loom plugs into and the fuseboard and obviously a fuse fitting,

now im basically after any general wiring advice from ppl experienced with doing this sort of thing and possibly a picture of fuseboard from a early b6 a4 with standard rear electrics so I can confirm my suspicion,

I am also tempted to change the loom in the drivers door as I never done this when changing the switch as the plug was identical,

thanks in advance and sorry if I don't make sense :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. archemist

archemist Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 19, 2013]
    Dam - only just seen your post but yep i'll get some pics for you - might be the weekend though :(
    cheers And
  4. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jun 19, 2013]
    No worries bud, in the meantime im gonna hunt for one local that I can maybe take fuseboard and wiring loom out of or sections at least I will finish this retrofit...
  5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 21, 2013]
    I would have thought there would be additional wires needed in the driver's door for the switches to work, I did post up in the other thread Audi do not run any wires extra if there not needed so my instincts says you will need to run the whole rear door's and driver's door loom in to the car.
  6. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jun 21, 2013]
    Ive changed the rear looms but the drivers side door loom had all the right plugs so assumed it was the same, will source a drivers door loom from car with 4 electric windows and see if I can see if anything is missing from b-pillars