1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos (New grill)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ash B, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Just some photos of the car with a new grey grill and had the windows tinted. Any comments welcome. Grill was only really done out of me being bored and will only be on the car for another 3 weeks.
    Anyway here some photos the tints look alot darker when its night time.
    Night Photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day Photos...Few more in the next days once my phone decides it till connect to my pc
    [​IMG]
    Photo with Staz & Mac lovely S3's at ADI. Which was a really good day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the windows dont look that dark when its day time.
    [​IMG]

Now photos with grey grill. Grill was sprayed & only had one stone chip after being on the car over a month.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More mods to follow over the next three weeks which will include lowering springs, S3 front bumper & lamin-x All comments welcome...
    Thanks for reading the thread

Ashley
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. kkp0897

kkp0897 Member

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Cars looks nice mate. Did you film the windows or did you get smoked glass? I'm really tempted on doing the fronts a couple of shades lighter than the stock rear ones. What do you think?

You sure got too much time on your hands if you can put a front bumper on for only three weeks mate!! :)

Looking forward to seeing the remainder mods mate.

KKP

PS - Where's the obligatory audi-sport sticker in the rear window :salute:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Oct 12, 2009]

Thanks for that KKP :) The windows were filmed only cost me £120.
    I think it look good on your car! Aww no sorry i just sprayed my chrome grill and put it back on lol, i'm having a new bumper and grill fitted in a few weeks, so the call will have the one grill look. How you getting on with your S3? Lol i did have two audi-sport stickers side and rear but the guy took them off when he done my tints!
  5. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

[Oct 12, 2009]
    I recognise that Tesco! Cars looks good, look alot better with the single grill aswel I'm sure!
  6. Bailey

Bailey Member

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Car looks good ash, liking the tints. bet ya cant wait for the single grille conversion
  7. kkp0897

kkp0897 Member

[Oct 13, 2009]
    Sounds good mate, you'll definately need to upload some more pics when the bumpers on. S3's sweet mate.. another 200 miles and should be run in nicely...ready to give it some welly. Going to see my Bro' shortly after as he's got an M3. Me and him are gonna have it out!! lol.. urrmm.. not sure where but the A12 is a good starting point :)
  8. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 4, 2009]
    Ok S3 bumper been sprayed and fitted. S3 bumper cost £180 Spray £100 Fitting £20. The paint work matches great and cant complain. I shall upload some photos later.

S3 fog light surrounds were delivered today bought off ebay but in a real bad state so they will be sent back. Now just waiting for the new bonnet to be delivered :)
    Only thing thats annoyed me is i lost one jet wash cover on the way home!:banghead: So will have to order a new one tomorrow.
    Ohh yeah and car should be lowered tomorrow.

But here a teaser S3 bumper when i got it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now Sprayed dont worry i've taken the S3 badge off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 4, 2009]
    Thanks for that mate. Ohh i couldnt wait, just waiting for the bonnet now and front end will be done :) Hows your car going?

Yep good old Tesco in St.Mellons:unsure:

Photo will be on tonight :) How the car going now? Sure you covered the 200miles? How you get on with the M3? lol Yeah i'm pretty sure the A12 would be a good starting point lol!
  10. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 4, 2009]
    sweet Ash, looking good - it makes ALL the difference! I'm ashamed to say I have still the S3 badge on mine as I'd prefer to debadge than to fit an S-line per Nigel. Kinda wondering where I can get A single slat LOL
  11. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 4, 2009]

Thanks Ewan :) Does make a difference you are right, after i saw your car i 100% had to do it. As it did change the car completely.
    Your best bet with the S-line badge is to peal off the 'S' & '3' as its only stuck on with double sided sticky tape buy an s-line badge (one for the side of the car) and glue it on to the slat sorted :D
  12. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 4, 2009]
    Yes, I meant doing away with the badge altogether as per our original grills. I probably will end up going sline though LOL. The rear of mine looks good with the roof spoiler, s3/sline bumper and sline defuser complete with working parking sensors. Oh, plus I have S3 side sills purchased for £130 complete with the S3 sill covers in my lockup awaiting painting and few bits. Getting there...
  13. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Nov 4, 2009]
    I think it will be a shame, I really don't like this single grill. Like old Clarkson said...looks like an old man with a beard. What ever happened to curves and streamlined. Cars all look like snow ploughs these days....

Just my opinion :)
  14. 10blazin

10blazin HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

[Nov 4, 2009]
    Gona look nice ash , Did you buy the bumper from audi for 180 ?? I much prefer the single grill look .....
  15. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 4, 2009]
    whats going on with the mesh fog areas?
  16. mike1628

mike1628 Member

[Nov 5, 2009]
    Hey Ash

Yes it will look awsome i cant wait, as you know mine is the same colour, its like seeing how my car will look with the s3 front instead of the Sline.

As promised the pics will be up Friday im just waiting for the rain to ease off so i can take a photo or 2
  17. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 5, 2009]
    Ahh sorry lol. Yeah that would be much better...When you do it let me know :) Rear next on my list, hoping my exterior will be done by the end of the year. Then i'm gonna let Nate/Jim detail it. You got any photos you can PM me? Bargain £130! Your car gonna look very tasty! Bet you cant wait.

Nice one blazin, nope got it off ebay! Single grill looks much better than split grill 100%

Came with the bumper only there till fog light and surround are here.

Thanks Mike :) Photo are above for you. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your car. Also let me know when your free:thumbsup:
  18. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 5, 2009]
    Few Photos. Only managed to get one day photo on my break. Will get more over the weekend once the car cleaned and im free. Please excuse the dirty:happy:

[​IMG]
    Yes i have parked over two spaces:happy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also order jet wash cover £8 from Audi. Forgot to say had front windows done same as back. Think its 60% or 80% not too sure. You can just about see that some one in the car:happy:
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Av4nt likes this.
  19. kkp0897

kkp0897 Member

[Nov 5, 2009]
    Maaaaaate! Car's looking sweet Ashley. Loving that. Well done mate. Very punctual and 3 weeks it was hey? Don't worry about the double parking. I'm always doing it.... its either double parking or an extra long walk as I've parked it so far away its in a deserted spot away from ding masters!!!
  20. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 5, 2009]
    Nice one:happy: Yepp i had to get it done, so gave myself a few weeks. Or i probably wouldnt of bothered doing it. Lol i do the same park away from every one in the top right corner where my car is in the photo. But last few days few cars have joined parking there. And two A3 happend to park in the same place now lol. One sportsback right in front of my car and
    guy in his A3 decided to park right next to mine must of been only 1 or 2 foot gap between our cars :think: lol looks like i need to find another place.
    Thanks again for the comments:thumbsup:
  21. kkp0897

kkp0897 Member

[Nov 5, 2009]
    No worries mate.

So what's next on the Mods list?

PS - Those front windows still look smoked to me, certainly from this angle.. :thumbsup:
  22. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 5, 2009]

Next on the list this month would be lowering 40mm-50mm and new 09 back bumper then spoiler in December. Then around Jan-Feb engine should be in by then and i should be a very happy lad:thumbsup:
  23. Tommy

Tommy Makinen...ha

[Nov 5, 2009]
    Looks awesome mate! Really impressed, think after your plans it will be spot on!
  24. r10jdl

r10jdl Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Nice one Ash! Looks the nuts!

Forgot to say my MOT failed on my face lifts rear light! Bought the wrong frickin ones! Forgot the A at the end of the part number!

Had to put old ones back on....... Back on now tho:happy:
  25. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Nov 6, 2009]
    well done ash lookin wicked mate!! :icon_thumright:
  26. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    I'm deciding weather to spray my Audi Rings Black or leave them chrome?
    I have a spare one so i could see what it looks like. What all your thoughts guys?

Thanks Tom. Car should be lovely once every thing done. But my friend in work his gf is selling her 56reg S3 two ownerssaid i could have it for £15k, not sure on the miles but dont think its high, she a rich girl and bought the car 2years ago. Came at such a bad time, as i've decide to keep the car till i'm 21 or 22 after the engine done then upgrade. Be my little track car ha...But well worth the wait:) How your car coming along?

Thanks Jim :) Aww lol you just gonna keep them how they are and change back to the old ones, when mot due? I saw your other red 3.2 a3 the other day driving past thornhill garage. Looked lovely. Also how the little one? Also you coming sunday? Come on you know you want to.... pleaseeeee :happy:

Thanks :icon_thumright: Will look alot better once new bumper on and she been lowered
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  27. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Nov 6, 2009]
    I totally missed this thread Ashley :wacko: looking good mate! :)
  28. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Nov 6, 2009]
  29. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Looks so much better bro. It will look ace once its lowered. When you thinking about get the springs on bro.
  30. barry-

barry- New Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    this car is looking sikk wiv the new bumper!!! iv been wanting to do this to my a3 for ages, but bumpers are way to expensive!! can you tell me where you have bought this bumper from and where you have fitted it as it only cost you £20? did you not have to adjust the clips for the bumper to fit? your help will be very much appreciated, Thanks
  31. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Haha...Thanks for the comments Leon:icon_thumright:

Nice you gonna go a head wth it? I'll get the spray tonight or tomorrow and spray one of my spare audi badges.

Alright Nath. Thanks for the comment:happy: Hopefully be lowered next week but im unsure weather to get lowering springs this weekend or 09 a3 s-line back bumper and lower valance what you think? Just means i'll have to wait till the 27th for the other item. Still up for taking some photos next week?

Thanks for the comment Barry. I bought the bumper off ebay but there like good dust on there. Your best bet would be Stoke Audi (sponsor on the here) £200 i believe PM Dave very helpful guy. I got my uncle to fit it at his own garage. Where abouts you from? If your local pretty sure he change it for you. No never had to adjust any clips just cut off 2x20cm on both bottom corners off the impact bar. Hope that helps

Ashley
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  32. Mick a3

Mick a3 Mellow Yellow

[Nov 6, 2009]
    Looks awesome mate,got me in the mood for a change now!

I know this question has popped up many a time.... But what are audi charging for the bonnet,grill, bumper and fogs?
  33. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 7, 2009]

Thans for the comments Mick :) Your best bet would be to try Stoke Audi as many other dealrs charge alot more than them.
  34. S3 Nattie

[Nov 7, 2009]
    Looks so agressive now bro, really like it. Cannot wait to see it lowered. Upload some more pics when you can.

Im up to my neck at the moment with uni work but one night next week we will try get a photos in.
  35. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 7, 2009]
    Thanks Nate. Bonnet just got delivered but its in bad state:keule:So might aswell just send it back and go Audi to order one.
    Yeah thats cool you got my number so just drop me a text the night before. Also you coming tomorrow or not?
  36. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 8, 2009]
    Ok decided to take some photos after i cleaned the car and was at one of our local meets at Captain Wife In Sully (South Wales). Only time i'd get some decent ones with the weather and at a nice location...

Shows how dark my tints are now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ghost Town In Penarth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Random Photos Of The Location
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Cardiff Bay At My Dads...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  37. kaliber

kaliber kaliber

[Nov 9, 2009]
    looks wicked mate, sooooo jealous........ youve got me thinking now sline front bumber or s3....are they both plug and play???
    black grill goes well with the lava grey...suprisingly the black rings do aswell...
    cant wait to see it when your finished :icon_thumright:
  38. PregnantNproud

PregnantNproud Gears of War

[Nov 10, 2009]
    Beautiful
  39. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Nov 10, 2009]
    Hi Kaliber

thanks for the comments mate:icon_thumright:
    Yeah both plug and play only with the s3 bumper you need to trim the impact bar. I trimmed it by 2x20cm both bottom corners as that will stop the bumper fit securely. I cant wait till she finished. I may just keep the black rings for a bit and switch it up with some chrome when i get bored looking at it:)
    Thanks again for the comments

Ashley

Thanks for the comment Rich. I just saw your update on the car.
    Looking good...I really need some of those LED lights!
  40. just017

just017 Member

[Nov 10, 2009]
    Hi ben, is that bonnet and bumper a fit? or are you waiting on a new bonnet/wings?
  41. S3 Nattie

[Nov 10, 2009]
    Does look really smart and aggresive bro. I know exactly where you have taken all your pics lol. Captains wife ( other side is good for pics ) Century Warf and that abandon block of flats in penarth by Queens road lol.