Photobucket.com

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I always found there website a little frustrating, the interface is old and slow, and there are sooo many bug it would be impossible to list them all...

However they have just put the final nail in the coffin, as they have stopped all links from there site unless you pay them at least £80 a year. I just found this out by chance, there was not even an email to warn users about there new T&C, now I have to find a new hosting solution and fix links..... Utter scum bags.

@Prawn having the same problem. I think it's related to the amount of traffic linked to your user account and not how many photos they are hosting. I haven't had my account locked yet but I am thinking it might happen soon. If they carry on it will cause a load of problems for some forums as a lot of people host stuff on there.

I've asked Sandra if she can unlock my build thread, otherwise all the information on there is kind of useless, unless I can change the links.

Now looking at hosting options as I refuse to pay them £80 a year to host less then 1GB of images.

Reactions: Sandra
Gone the way of MySpace... people aren't going to pay, they're going to leave. Photobucket won't see another Christmas.

Yeah, it renders a lot of how to guides next to useless, bad move by photobucket.

You can upload photos directly to the site if you are doing a how to / build thread etc there is a 2 meg limit on size. I am currently uploading all the photo's to my build thread. And using You tube to host the videos.
If you need to resize photos I use Irfanview. It's a great program that I use to view all images on my PC. It also has some great features such as Batch conversion where you can edit file names or resample photos to reduce the size.
There is an option to resample images to reduce them below a certain size. So I just set that at 1.9MB and resample the images I want to upload.

In the end I sorted out my own hosting, cost is about £60 a year via 123-reg. Problem is I post on other sites, so don't to want to upload images to every site and re-link.

Now I just need to spend a while updating my posts... Burn in Hell Photobucket.