Photo of 3.0 TDI tyre sticker please.

Jeeves

quattronly
Reaction score
Could someone please post up a photo of this sticker found on the B pillar or fuel flap of a 3.0 TDI.I assume this is the heaviest derivative and am curious whether the load indeces specified by Audi are based on this "worst case" scenario or are specific to each derivative.If you can list the axle limits shown on the plate under the bonnet then that would be even better - shown as 1) and 2) representing front and rear.I suspect that all stickers are the same and that Audi specify and fit overspecced/higher indexed tyres as the additional cost to them is virtually nil as their suppliers sell higher indexed/more expensive tyres as replacements.Just a hunch...

The axel weights are shown in th A4 handbook, for all models I think. I checked when upgrading my suspension. But the tyre pressures are shown below, from a 3.0tdi quattro automatic cabriolet, which could well be the heaviest A4 there is...

IMAG1476.jpg

What do you want the info for btw???

Thanks.

I've got some 91 indexed 18“ tyres that I might fit if my calculations are correct and they exceed the axle stats on the plate in the engine bay. I'm confident that's the case, but want to compare the tyre stickers of a heavier car than my 2.0 TDI quattro to see if my suspicions are correct that Audi overspec the sticker info to allow it to cover heavier derivatives. The tyres are brand new and I could either fit them to another car or sell them if I sell my A4 before they are needed.

I'm thinking of adding a pair of all-seasons to rotate between the two extremes. I know its a quattro and this isn't an ideal solution, but I have access to alternative winterised vehicles, the A4 is currently on all-season 245s which came off a TT, and I might use this new setup on the lighter TT (which sees little snow use) to save replacing its large and expensive 255/35 R 19s on vulnerable Titanium coloured RS4s (shame the offset's too high for the A4).

I bought two tyres remotely when my wife grazed the kerb in ice just before an MOT was due. They were an insurance policy and it would be a shame not to use them even though my wheel/tyre portfolio has expanded in the meantime...