1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone Prep?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by AudiSport, Nov 2, 2010.

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Hi there,

My new A4 has 'Phone prep' which appears to involve a factory fitted phone doc / charger for a nokia handset in the armrest and I guess some speakers and a microphone in the car up near the interior light.

So, I want to use my iPhone in the car, what is involved?
    I guess I'm going to need some kind of bluetooth device fitted, however is any of the previous kit going to be of use - or should I just pay to have some Parrot kit fitted?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

thinks ita case of changeing the dock for the fone model u have as i have the same in my a4 and have been told i need the dock for my fone only prob is tha audi dont yet make the dock for my fone so good excuse to upgrade to an iphone 4 lol

4. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Oh right, so I just need the iPhone 4 doc to replace the one in my glovebox?
    If so, happy days!

5. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

thas my understanding so far i may be completley wrong tho mate as im new to audi ownership also