Phone Prep. What's missing?

£5 for the cradle and about £20 for the phone. I'll be happy with that to fill it up.

I'll take a look for that list.
Be interesting to see what options I have.

Thanks.

That would work if you wanted rsap, that module is no longer in production guess it was not very popular!

I believe gen 1 was the old Motorola phone prep.

That holder only gives 2 advantages, the first is it charges the phone the second is it uses the cars amplified aerial so you should get a better signal.

The Audi bluetooth system you have will not stream music off any phone.

Just been reading up on that.
That's a shame.

I wonder if the Audi phones you see on ebay still work?
I guess they do if you can find the correct cradle?

I believe they are for the Motorola phone prep only, don't believe they will work with the GEN2/3 BT units.

That Motorola phone prep is the one that goes in the arm rest.

Might keep my eyes open for RSAP cheap.
Unless I win the nokia one for a pound. lol

Last edited:
I think I need a new centre bit.

picture.php

The big below the arm rest.
To fit that better looking Audi phone. They use a different cradle (obviously).
Ive not been able to find one yet.

Little gain if you downgrade to the motorola!

If I were you i would just fiberglass something for that gap like a mobile phone holder or coin holder etc and get dension bluetooth that will stream music and phone.

In fact I would even consider just taking it out and line the bottom to fill the holes.
In mine I had the controls for my Bit 1 processor remote but I moved that to my front ashtray and hard wired in a lead to charge my mobile whilst i'm driving. i piggy bagked it off the cigarette lighter and the lead comes through to where your cradle should be. When I'm drivnig i put my phone there under the arm rest charging.

Last edited:
Chatting to my dad about mobiles and what I'm trying to do, he said he has two 6020/6021 phones in a box not doing anything that I can have.
I went on ebay and picked up a 6020/6021 cradle for the car.

2014-04-02103843_zps1efa969e.jpg

2014-04-02104422_zpsf5909ad9.jpg

Just got to wait on the phone now.

Going to take the bin out and give it a proper clean.