1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone prep help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by phantom, Jan 12, 2008.

1. phantom

phantom On Boost

My phone pairs no problem, should i have got a bluetooth manual? i can't find anything in the owners manual about it!

My problem is how do you make and take a call's?

I can only make a call through the speak function, and coz i have a strong Salfordian accent the woman can't understand me! Lol

Is there anyway to make a call manually? EG, scroll down and press dial?

Thanks

p

2. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Do you have the multi function steering wheel? If so, press the left button and you will see a list of your contacts in the dis. Use the left wheel to scroll through the list and press the left wheel to dial.

3. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

You can also add your own voice shortcuts to your phone book entries. It's in the manual somewhere.

4. marms

marms Member

Looks like John has it covered.

I don't think you can have bluetooth without a MFSW can you?
    Unless you have the RNS-e but then it's faily obvious how to make a call with that.

So, asuming you have MFSW and no SatNav, basically.

Press Mode button on wheel.
    scroll up or down, with the left scroll button, to select the required number from the phones phonebook. (You can scroll quickly to the next letter with a quick 'swish' of the left scroll button).
    When you see the name/number you cant to call press the left scroll wheel.

The dialing will begin.....

5. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

My last loaner was a basic A3 with phone prep and no MF wheel, how you're supposed to work the phone with no controls is beyond me. ??

6. phantom

phantom On Boost

Cheers lads , ive had a look through the manual and i can't see anything about bluetooth!

I have a MFSW

I'll give it a go now!

Thanks

p

7. marms

marms Member

It is a stange scenario here.

The Concert/Syphony radio operational manuals do not seem to have any instructions on the blue tooth kit but the RNS-e one does. I'm not in the position to be able to look at my RNS-e manual at the minute but when I get home I'll see if I can make some notes and post the basics on here.

In the meantime. There are not that many options/buttons so go out and have a play. :)

8. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

Hi Phantom, I see your from the Manchester area, are you gonna map your S3? If so, I want to go out for a spin!