phone mute to HU

blackwood

Reaction score
Hi All,
Has anyone out there fitted a Nokia phone kit to an A3 with Symphony HU? Andy Mac has been very helpful in supplying me with a diagram/picture of the plug at the back of the HU,but there appear to be 3 mute points to connect into...Does anyone (please) know which one I need to connect into so that when my phone rings the stereo will mute? I tend to have the music too loud to hear the phone ring,so this would be really helpful for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Thanks for reading this,hope someone can help..
Regards Blackwood

Don't worry Paul, you'll be able to hear it, those Nokia kits are piercingly loud when ringing

What? even louder than Metallica coming through one of your Stealth Subs!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

use the mute that is in the same 'block' as the tel + and -
this will mute the radio and send audio on the + and - wires out to the speakers

One further question,can I connect the speaker cable to the + and - sockets so that I can do away with the Nokia speaker thingy and have it all coming through the car speakers? Apologies for appearing like a Nugget,but if you don't ask you don't get to know!!

Cheers Blackwood