Phatnoise Voice Prompts ?

mattyboy199

Reaction score
I updated my phastnoise the other week due to me changing computer so i had to redo all my playlists / install the software etc. I now have a female voice prompt which seems to be alot quieter & less understandable to me & any passengers.

Is there anywhere i can pic & choose the voice i want ?

Thanks

Matt

Yes you can change the voice as long as you have installed the software off the disc that came with your Phatbox and not just downloaded from the internet.

You have the choice between Mike or Crystal voice prompts.

To do this using music manager then you need to insert the DMS then click Hardware Options (in the middle of the screen) then click DMS Database/Voice Prompts tab

You then should be able to change back to mike then press fix voice prompts to regenerate.

You can get a whole load of different voices, all sorts of accents, with the phatvoice, mcirosoft speech,and a few other packages, however, you have to pay for most of this.
Try the Phathack forum, with advice on this, and more importantly perhaps, advice on installing 40gb+ drives at a fraction of the cost of buying from the manufacturer (any standard laptop 2.5" drive apparently).

Or there is the the PHATVOICE users guide.

yeah i checked this out the other day i only have the option for the female english voice prompt

The original voices are ATT DTNV 1.2 Mike & ATT DTNV 1.2 Crystal
These are part of the AT&T Natural Voices software that is only on the original installation disc that came with you Phatnoise.

Somehow they must not of installed correctly on you computer so my suggestion would be a clean install from the original CD to see if it fixes the problem.
or
Using add remove programs AT&T Labs Natural Voices TTS Desktop SDK. Just reinstall the AT&T software from the Phatnoise CD.

Phatvoice use the same AT&T voice engine and both voices are available from the drop down menu.