1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phatnoise... talk to me

golfon20s Feb 21, 2012

1. golfon20s

golfon20s New Member

my car did have phatnoise fitted but the previous seller.

i was thinking about re-installing it but what are the bits i need to do it.

2. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

u need the phatnoise and fixing kit

3. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

Its a brilliant bit of kit and definately worth fitting, you can get the Phatbox off ebay for around £50 - £60 these days,

4. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

What is all the phatnoise business you talk about?

5. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

Its a brilliant bit of kit, Wikipedia describes it as follows:

The PhatBox is a digital music player that can interface with many different automobile head units. It can play unprotected WMA, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, and AAC (with optional AAC plugin). The PhatBox emulates a CD Changer so it is fully controlled through the existing disc and track buttons on your head unit. Feedback is provided in the form of text to speech announcements through a system called SSA (Simple Stereo Architecture). This allows you to browse by playlist, album, artist, or genre and skip through discs by first-letter. Each P/A/A/G appears as a disc and each songs within the selected category appears as a track.

Kenwood has also branded the Kenwood-compatible PhatBox as the Kenwood Music Keg.