1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phatnoise Phatbox MP3 20gb Hard drive to replace CD Changer A3 A4 A6 S3 S4

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts' started by pj123, Feb 17, 2014.

1. pj123

pj123 Member

[Feb 17, 2014]
    For sale is my Phatnoise Phatbox MP3 20Gb hard drive that replaces the CD changer in Audi/ VW cars. These are excellent devices, i have one in the boot of my Audi S3 and this one came out of my wifes Audi A4 glovebox.

If you dont want to change your original head unit and want more that 6 discs this is an excellent way to expand your music library stored in the car. The system allows you to easily navigate through folders of music on the hard drive or sort by artist or album name. I have had one in my car for 8 years and love it!

The unit for sale is pictured below. It has been cut down from the original sized unit so it fits easily within the glovebox or boot to replace the different types of cd changer. There are a couple of types of lead that interface with the car, this is the rectangular type connector and i think this is used primarily with the glovebox style of cd changer.

Below are photos of the A4 glovebox and S3 book installs

Unfortunately there is no cradle to connect the hard drive to the computer and this will need to be bought separately. I have seen them appear on ebay for £15.

Message me if you would like to make an offer.

[​IMG]

A4 Glovebox

[​IMG]

S3 Boot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. S3-MJD

S3-MJD Member

[Mar 4, 2014]
    dont suppose you still have this for say mate? and would it fit an S3 glovebox with the 6 CD changer removed? is it just plug and play?
  4. pj123

pj123 Member

[Mar 5, 2014]
    Still for sale. If you remove the 6 disc changer you could check you have the same rectangular connector...
    PM me if you wish to make an offer.
    Thanks
    Paul
  5. S3-MJD

S3-MJD Member

[Mar 5, 2014]
    I am interested however can't find a USB cradle anywhere, let alone for £15 :/
  6. pj123

pj123 Member