1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phatnoise/Phatbox in my Sportback

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by OutLore, Nov 7, 2005.

1. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

I have a Bose/SymphonyII in my SB, can I just plug a Phatwhatever into it? IE will it be pre-wired? If so, where is the connection likely to be? Behind the glovebox, under the seat, or in the boot?

TIA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Youll need to buy an 'old style' cd changer lead from the dealers which will plug into the back of the symphony, You'll need to pin it up yourself (plug the wires into the socket provided following the colour chart, and then run to the phatnoise. Typically they are too big to fit in the glovebox nicely and the boot is about the best place for them.
  3. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

Cheers mate!!

So, I would need to get to the back of the Symphony - is that an easy(ish) job - my car is a lease car and they are really picky about changing anything...

And presumably I would need to run a cable from the head unit to the boot, or would that already be there?

Thanks!
  4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

You would need to get the symphony out of the dash using 4 extraction keys (from dealer or off ebay), With Symphony, unless you have an external additional cd changer, the socket for the cd changer will not have anything plugged into it. You could undo all of this so no problem and yes you would need to run a cable since there is not one there already in any of the newer cars.