Phatnoise Or Xcarlink

Paulffc

Reaction score
As a newbie to the world of Audi ownership I was wondering which option you guys think is best to get, either Phatnoise or an Xcarlink.

I like the idea of loading all my music onto the Phatnoise cassette but I’m not too sure about having the unit in my boot taking up space, where as the xcar sits in the glove box.

All view will be greatly received.

Many thanks.

Nice chebs! Erm, back to the topic...... How about an RNSe (Audi sat nav unit) It has two SD card slots, fill em up with mp3s and away you go.... track names in the DIS too if you have one in your car.

i have the concert system with the phatnoise and so far its been great! doesnt take up any space really, its mounted on the side of the boot panel, well hapy with mine m8 :arco:

cal

I just got a Denison Icelink and put my old ipod classic 80gb to it, does the same job, but nice and cheap! :)

I've got an xcarlink with bluetooth and think it's great. I got it a few months back now and had no problems at all.

I got it from someone in China off e-bay. It came within 3 days! It does sound great but the only thing I would say is that you have to turn the volume up a little more than you would when litening to the radio. Only 2-3 notches. Only cost £60 so give it a try if you don't like it you will soon get your most of your money back by flogging back on e-bay.

phatnoise gives you complete access whilst driving to artists, albums, playlists, genres and with a modifed unit at least 320gig or more

xcarlink seems to be like the dension etc with only a choice of a few playlists but no direct access without operating the ipod controls.

in my sportback there is a hollowed-out bit in the right side of the boot 1/2 way up - i cut the alu extrusions off my phatbox (they arent a heatsink, just a decoration) and it sits in to this space completely out of the was but completely accessible.

Phatnoise for sure. I also cut the alu extrusions off my phatbox and have it fitted in the glove box.