1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phatbox to Concert connectors

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by chrisn900, Sep 25, 2009.

1. chrisn900

chrisn900 Member

I'm thinking of buying a phatbox to supplement the single cd (boring) concert player in my 06 sportback. (£127 from Audi Stoke)
    I've had a look at the connections behind the head unit.
    I know I'll need an adapter cable from the phatbox unit to the head unit. I've seen a few with a round din connector at one end, and a blue block connector at the other.
    Will the adapter just replace one of the connectors in the head unit, or do I have to mess with wiring etc ?
    I don't want to mess any wiring or anything up so any instructions would be appreciated.
    There is no multi changer in boot.
  2. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

You will need to run an old style round din cd changer lead from the head unit to the boot . If you have concert 1 or 2 you will need the older type ISO connector, or simply populate the plug at the back of your radio with the pins on the lead (comes with instrutions). About £17 from the dealer - The square blue plug is for newer concert 3 and RNS-E systems called mini ISO.
  3. chrisn900

chrisn900 Member

I've looked at the back of my installed radio and am still stuck
    I've ordered a cable with round connector at one end and a blue connector at the other.
    where do i put the blue connector on here or do i need to remove the wires from the blue iso block and put them into the existing connector block?
    I've taken some pictures of current set up , but don't know how to post them on here
    I'm stuck now and feel a bit silly
    Help !!
  4. giblets46

giblets46 Member

If you have the new 'double din' stereo, you will need the square plug
  5. MR BLACK

MR BLACK New Member

Hi Chris
    Did you sort it out instructions here
    http://www.phatnoise.com/audi/downloads/11-08-05 A3 PhatNoise.pdf