1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhatBox from USA

RS84 Apr 16, 2009

1. RS84

RS84 R15 - TDI Power

Anyone know if there any compatibility issues between a PhatBox purchased from the US and a Concert 2 HE in a European A3?

Has anyone on here purchased a PhatBox from the US?

2. dunk

dunk Member

only the psu is different

i have a spare audi phatbox, patched to take standard hard drives, complete with 160gig cartridge and the oem 20gig hd, audi cable, uk power supply, drivers etc if anyone is interested - am about to put it on ebay unless i get a good offer

3. giblets46

giblets46 Member

Yeh, my phatnoise came from the USA too, the only thing you should be aware of is that when you get a replacement PSU, you need to check the amperage on it. I got a really cheap one from Argos and my phatnoise craddle did not work as it was only 300mA. The one you get in the pack is 7.5V I think, but my replacement is 9v,a nd runs fine, the Amperage is important though.

"The AC to DC adapter specifications are as follows:
    • Find a "regulated" power supply; this means its voltage is always the same regardless of the load current. Transformers do not fall into this category.
    • Output (7.5 - 12V DC), 1000mA
    The plug specifications are:

• 2.1 mm inner diameter, 5.0 mm outer diameter, 9mm sleeve, center positive"