1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phatbox cheapest?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by paullord, Sep 5, 2006.

1. paullord

paullord New Member

having scoured loads of forums and tried countless links, i`m still no closer to buying a cheap phatbox. Help please?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mykaloon

mykaloon Member

I got mine a while back from a VW dealer in Conneticut - VW of Westhartford. They were advertising on ebay at the time but I got in contact with them via email and arranged the purchase through ebay - in all after them supplying the round pin ended cable to suit an Audi installation, import duty/taxes and delivery it cost me about £170 for a 20gb model which is much cheaper than the £560 your local Audi dealer over here would ask you to cough up!
    http://www.vwofwesthartford.com/en_US/

There was another US based site called Clairparts who also had them at that time if you have no joy with VWoWH.

Mykaloon

4. Michalis

Michalis Member

5. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

Depends where you are

If your anywhere near Manchester speak to Craigyb, he will supply AND fit for not much more than the ebay link above

Simon

6. paullord

paullord New Member

TY Simon, I actually emailed Craigyb yesterday as I`m not far from him, but as of yet he hasn`t got back to me.

7. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

hw will reply, he may be in London or even on Hols, Havnt spoke to him for a couple of weeks

He will be in touch, sure of it.

Simon

8. paullord

paullord New Member

You were right. I`ve just received an email from him. Unfortunately, he hasn`t got any phatboxs at present. Oh well, the search goes on.....

9. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A few of us have bought from mikanmotors on ebay. Delivered for around £135 from the US.

If you search through this forum, you will find a link to him.

10. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

11. rich1068

rich1068 Member

I'll more than likely be going down the Phatbox route too if may latest little project doesn't work out. I've found an adapter that the manufacturer reckons will allow me to control my Sony NW-HD3 from the Concert II H/U but I'm not hopeful. They reckon it will work like the Dension for the iPod but I don't believe a word of it. I could be pleasantly suprised though...