Phat noise unit?

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
Anyone fitted one of these?

I believe it should just plug into the CD changer lead, but where is that? next to the sub in the boot?

web page

Essentially its a 20/40gb cart system that holds mp3s or any other format you want - beats a cd changer and the nice thing is that they hook in directly to the DIS like audi compatible cd changers.

It will run straight off the standard audi headunits too.

I should be getting mine soon - been on order from states since early december.

I've looked around the sub and can't find this plug - maybe I don't have one or should look harder.

It makes sense that one should be there though - as they've had to wire in the sub anyway.

Thanks.

When I found mine it was quite high on the side of the space, above the sub unit and cable tie out of the way. Or just drop into an Audi dealer and I'm sure a mechanic will quickly tell you if you have it or not

I had someone pull the chorus headunit out of the center console which quite clearly shows that nothing is connected to the cd out.

Apparently a lead is 40 quid. Dealer is quoting £90 to install the lead which is probably twice what is should cost, but I've haggled then in fitting the phatbox too and I got some warranty things for them.

The long and short of it is - if you haven't had a cd unit fitted a factory and you want to fit cd chager you'll have to buy this lead on my 2002/3 cars.