1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phantom Black vs Brilliant Black

DaveW Mar 22, 2010

1. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Hi,
    my wife has ordered a brand new Sportback Technik model. She originally wanted a Brilliant Black one (same as my A4 :sm4:), however, the only black model available was in Phantom Black.
    Has anyone got any pics of a Phantim Black Sportback, just to get an idea of how one would look? We saw an R8 at the weekend in Phantom Black, but you can;t really make a comparison to that :drool:

2. panamadi

panamadi Strider

Phantom Black every day of the week.
    Having prevuiously owned a briliant black A3 I found it difficult to mainatin the clean look and was told by many a paint expert that flat black (ie brilliant) is one of the hardest cars to keep clean.
    Phanotm black just somehow looks 'blacker'. Its a deeper more special looking colour IMHO.
    Hope this helps

3. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

heres some pics.. a couple were just after it was detailed (ones with original wheels) the others are more recent.. its a great colour but a bitch in terms of swirls and keeping clean, but arent all blacks???

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

given you a few different angles to get the idea... as already mentioned its a very deep black..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  4. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

5. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

?:detective2:

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I am stuck with a Brillant black A4 and wish i had the metallic alternative

Phantom Black FTW

7. Spin140

Spin140 Well-Known Member

Phantom all the way, black will always suffer from swirl marks etc but you will be better off with this option.

8. thebott

thebott Member

All blacks are a nightmare , they do look the biz when cleaned , phantom black is the way to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

9. evapor8

evapor8 Member

Another vote for the phantom ...

10. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

My A5 was phantom black, and that was hard enough to keep clean, flat black is even worse!! If you have to have either then Phantom Black without a shadow of a doubt!