1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phantom A4...

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Golfedd, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 22, 2012]
    Picked up the A4 the other day. After a few solid weeks of hunting found one that topped everything I wanted bar one item and snapped it up.

The Specs:
    2.7 V6 TDi S-Line
    Bose
    Sunroof
    Phantom Black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    WOLF likes this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Nov 22, 2012]
    looking good bud, JJ lurks on here too.

would look good on some AP's and some new rims cough cough
  4. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Nov 22, 2012]
    Oh and when are you coming to detail mine?
  5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 22, 2012]
    What a lovely car!
  6. mancdan

mancdan Member

[Nov 22, 2012]
    How many miles on the clock and what price did you pay?
  7. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 22, 2012]

Haha cheers olly... oh does he now, in the bushes again LOL. Yes yes I know i'm on the case but a few months down the line but you know the plans for now bro...

Thanks, i'm pleased with her
  8. fooby

fooby Member

[Nov 22, 2012]
    nice car edd. didn't know you were ACTUALLY going to buy one. what made you choose 2.7tdi over the 3.0tdi? spec?
  9. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Active Member

[Nov 22, 2012]
    Nice and best colour too.

Nice soundtrack from the V6
  10. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Nov 23, 2012]
    looked good last night parked next to the DTM, shame it was lashing down :(
  11. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 23, 2012]
    Hahaa, yeh I did say I was going to get one... The 3.0Tdi on my journey would have been just a little to thirsty since my right foot is 3 stone heavier than any other part of my body. The 2.7 cruises so well. Picked her up from Leicester and on the way back to reading saw an average of 58.9mph i was happy with that.

Spec - S-Line, Bose, Parking sensors (beeeeeep beep beep FREAKING BEEP) DIS, Sports seats, 1 owner and full Audi history up until sept this year.

Thanks - yeh the V6 sounds so nice and is silky smooth! my mates got the 140tdi and is not happy now haha.

Nothing like rain to ''cool'' off with man haha, yeh just need to get it sorted over the next few weeks and they'll look good...
  12. fooby

fooby Member

[Nov 23, 2012]
    what you doing to it then chum? tell me tell me!
  13. Whopper

Whopper Active Member

[Nov 23, 2012]
    Nice car bud! Chuck up some more pics :D
  14. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 24, 2012]
    Hahah, well you know me I can't keep my hands off her too long, as you're about to see... Give it a week and you'll see what's occuring:blow:

Thanks man, I'm in the process of doing just that. I need to get to it and clean her properly up to the old mk4 standard, get the light swirls out but the weather is SHOCKING and got distracted with other bits haha
  15. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 24, 2012]
    So today I thought I'd rip the face off the Phantom... turns out the first time is always the most painful and least rewarding (what? haha). Dropped the Torx bit on the under tray several times, cut my finger but after a long fight the following is COMPLETE:

- Joey'd
    - Black grill surround
    - Did not De-Tango, was going to but not sure why it kind of appeals to me with them there, I'll de-tango once the OEM projectors are here....

Photos I guess... (there are a few things on order, waiting on the post cough cough Olethalb that's your fault man)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    peposhi likes this.
  16. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Nov 26, 2012]
    much better bud, glad you kept the rings silver :yes:
  17. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 26, 2012]
    Thanks man... Just need to do the window trims and then get this thing of it's high horse!... Cleaned her up but still not detailed it was the weather was SHOCKING haha.
  18. Morgan46

Morgan46 Member

[Nov 26, 2012]
    What's the joeyd mod with the headlights ?
  19. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Nov 27, 2012]
    If you compare the first photo I put up and the new ones you'll see the chrome surround around the light is now black. You need to remove the lights, use a heat gun to soften the sealant and then pull apart... spray the bits you want to and re-assemble then by pushing the lens back on and seal it by heating it up again...

This shows you the basic idea- if it helps? ( I know it's a mk4 not Audi haha )
  20. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    Been a while since an update... Coilovers are here, going on this weekend if things go to plan and the world doesn't end :think:

So it was time to get the paint up to a better standard, annoying it's winter so all the salt, tar, grime needs taking off everytime I touch the car. So I thought I would tackle it in stages, rather than the whole car at once, working top down. There is one BEFORE shot of the boot, the whole car is pretty much like that, there is an after shot of the roof + a mid stage shot of the boot lid. I will get finished ones up soon with a decent camera, not iPhone ha!

Roof - Done
    Top off doors + A and C pillars - Done
    Boot lid - Done

Doors - to do
    Bonnet - to do
    Wings and flanks - to do
    Bumpers - to do

Ordered up two new lights cheap at £14.99 very powerful and show up all the marks, urgh!

Also, got some white '2' LED style lights and white fog's to finish off the look at the moment, from Trups - top seller!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  21. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    NOW DO MINE please
  22. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

[Dec 20, 2012]
    Nice work on the paint!

If only there was someone nearer to me who would be willing to do mine!
  23. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    yes yes... Sunday man! I will load the goodies and come swirl you around make it shiny and kissable haha :kissmyrings:

Thanks, took most work on the roof, stained in bird mess and holograms took the longest... boot was EASY! just the rest of the car to go.

It's quite simple to learn, I got a Rotary Polisher kits from elite car care then worked on a small patch gaining confidence, it's pretty much impossible to burn the paint and a Dual Action (da) is long winded and pain to use. Better and quicker results with rotary setup.
  24. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Active Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    Did you go for the fog bulbs or HID kits,

If so what are fog bulbs like??

Also, got some white '2' LED style lights and white fog's to finish off the look at the moment, from Trups -
  25. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 20, 2012]
    Trups hit me with Ice White fogs, they match the LED's spot on. and have a good light output too, still functional.
  26. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Finally swung past Ollywoods this weekend! having ordered coilovers 1 hour after owning the car it's been a while getting them on. Thank to olly for the tips and guidance, hands bruised and battered! soul surprisingly intact since I dropped my phone down the under tray bolts in the arch liners and under the brake servo JOYS :jump:

Anyhow, happy christmas all! here's some photo's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    THQuattro likes this.
  27. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Active Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Nice
  28. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    looking good bud, you owe me a knuckle :p
  29. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    Cheers man!

Thanks brosephina!
    I've got a knuckle for you all right son! ''fronts are EASY he said, they just swing out he said'' I had nightmares about those rear springs lol! need to refurb those wheels to hold the fort over the next two months. Then i'm thinking Helios wheels?
  30. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Dec 24, 2012]
    fronts were easy once i'd undone your doings and rescued your bolt haha
  31. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 25, 2012]
    haha I followed your instructions but appreciate the rescue dam servo.

Walking past this morning getting present for the family.

[​IMG]
  32. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Dec 26, 2012]
    Hope all had a good Christmas day.

Santa got me a bluetooth XCarlink connection device for my A4. I ran one in the TT and I like how simple and effective they are for the money and this evening while everyone was alseep from overfeeding and drinking I got to it and whipped the car apart.

A few things I noticed before the install when I dropped the glove box off.

1- the reason for only warm air on the passenger side= the complete LACK of a motor which is annoying as hell (appreciate if anyone has the PN for this)

2- there is also no motor for what I presume is the recirculation flap under the glove box, not that I ever use it but I'll get one anyway.

3- there were two loose cut wires laying on the glove box from what looks like a tacky DIY handsfree and stuff... not sure but they got ripped out.

The install + Photos of the lack of motors on the climate control (sorry iPhone photos):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First thing was to hide the microphone... I had wanted to put it in the light housing BUT the cable was too short, and I didn't want it on display so I set about a small hole in a blank to tuck it away. Sound quality is still good and clear! thin layer of silicon to stop splits. Blue tack to hold in place while glue set. I left a bit in to absorb bumps and support the mic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was to install the SD/USB/ control unit + bluetooth connector. I wanted them easily accessible but also no wires on show or rattling around the place. So I marked out on the glove box and drilled two small holes. Then cut out the pre cut blank for the CD changer and fed the wires through that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had wanted to use a thin bit of steel to make a simple bracket but I forgot to bring it with me. So in the mean time I sacrificed a coat hanger to the job and bent a little bracket and wrapped it in duck tape to stop and rattles- it will do for a few days until I have a new bracket made up...also tucked the excess wires and ran the new ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally finished it all and works a treat, really like the location and it's all out of the way, can still use shelf in the glove box, just need to re-do that bracket and it'll be all done!

[​IMG]
  33. olethalb

olethalb Member

[Jan 7, 2013]
    Cool hanger bro...
  34. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Jan 7, 2013]
    I'll get my coat...
    bowen likes this.
  35. carl-1968

carl-1968 A4 Derv for sale ask me for details!

[Feb 1, 2013]
    Joe, we need to cut a deal with a local detailer! mine is in dire need of some love and attention!
  36. carl-1968

[Feb 1, 2013]
    Edd, Mine used to look so much like your's but after changing so much I now like it even more...and im now in the market for a 3.0 tdi quattro that is breaking.....game on!
  37. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Feb 1, 2013]
    once it's all buffed up and de-swirled its so much easier to wash and keep to a high standard. best get to it haha!

Ahh Carl, sounds like a plan - hope that DIY helped you out. Seems about a two day job over the weekend if you've got all the parts. I'm not sure if a B6 platform would also work (just to increase part options) certainly seemed straightforward considering the end results for that guy over on AZ. I'll sling you a PM if I spot any that are breaking.
  38. faisal_16

faisal_16 Member

[Feb 1, 2013]
    Looks nice and tidy Edwin....plans for this one? Air?:wub:

Car park looks familiar...I usually park there when I'm in the office!
  39. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Feb 2, 2013]
    Car Park looks familiar, you work in reading too? haha

Well plans are wheels next - but it's getting Bobby's magical remaps at the moment, waiting for revision 1 and then run it and see if it needs any tweeks. Getting EGR and DPF taken out so I can cut them out and blank them off!
  40. carl-1968

[Feb 2, 2013]
    Thanks Edd, have posted a Wanted add also going to motors in motion in worksop to see what they have available. Will keep you posted
  41. Golfedd

Golfedd Active Member

[Feb 18, 2013]
    Took a trip this weekend to Olly for a swearing, painful weekend of De-Cat and DPF removal...

Fist the Pre-Cat which was ok to undo, only snapping one stud, welded a new on in and new nut but cut it out and piped it, the EGT sensor was fiddly to get out and had to bend back the clip for the expansion tank. which bent back fine.

[​IMG]

Then the BEAST of a DPF... didn't take long to drop it off the car thanks to olly for giant strength, snapped two studs as they were seized up corroded. two new nuts and bolts for them. They measured up and olly got his weld on, almost artistic :wub:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big shout to olethalb again for his help. Time to address the straw like intake system and I'll get some pipes to fabricate a new induction route. Should free up some throttle response and noise from the V6

waiting on my mapper to sort out the DPF removal, we ran two options but it still goes into limp mode, throwing up two errors... he's working on it but for now I'm 0-60 NEVER and 55-60mpg... no boost will do that, forced to cruise at 50mph BORING and annoying. sorted soon though

- on another note, I meant to do the Clear Corner mod, so set about that and decided to run some regular 5 light LED's for brighter sidelights. Looks good, I'll get some more photos' up soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]