1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrol vs Dielsel question...

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by killa_z, Jan 16, 2007.

1. killa_z

killa_z Couped Out

i no the performace on petrol models are better than diesels but by how much?

is it a significant difference?

i ask because im thinking of going for a diesel next and its will most probably be a 2.0TDI, how much performance am i losing out on compared to a 2.0T (petrol), im thinking in power terms

?
  2. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

none! IMO, the prower output is nearly the same, plus the increased torque and the rewards at the pumps, u'll love it.

Just take one for a test drive n judge for yourself!
  3. icenutter

icenutter Member

The power is 'different'. Diesels are quicker in every-day driving - 50-80 in top 40-60 in fourth etc. But then they are slower in a 0-60 standing start sense.

Probably the best thing to do is to take a test drive in both and go for the one that suits you.
  4. kris_tdi

kris_tdi Member

agreed, petrol is defo quicker off the line as the power is progressive, where as on a diesel it all comes at once and spins the wheels. However my brother has a golf tdi 150 and it is only very marginally slower than mates golf 1.8t with revo remap from a rolling start. When he gets the tdi golf remapped it should tear shreads out the 1.8t