1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petrol smell with air con!!

Jonesy Oct 6, 2006

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

When i have the air con on i get this slight smell of petrol and it gives me a banging headache if i leave it on too long, i dont tho as i dont wanna pass out and die!!!!

Anyway, it only happens when the air cons on and while im moving. Any ideas where to look for the problem?

thanks

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

dudes anyone?? rather fix myself than take to garage.

3. dubhyper

dubhyper Illegally Street

maybe its knackered....but its an uneducated guess.,..then again could be rats ...:drag:

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

What would be knackered, im not too clued up on the audi engine, what new parts you think i need? Ive bought a new filter from vag parts incase that is the problem so will see.

5. dubhyper

dubhyper Illegally Street

just as you have purchased, i think its the filter. As i said before it just a guess. But it would make sense logically thinking that the filter was knackered...Any joy with it then?

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

hasnt turned up yet, ordered it from vagparts along with some aerowipers, sunday evening so should have it 2moro hopefully

7. dummi

dummi smoking a6

not sure if it is same as a6 but there is an evap system that regularly lets fuel tank gas into the inlet manifold. to be through the air con you can narrow it down to that inlet. you need a manual to check it out properly.