1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrol Cap on my 09 S4

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Fawke, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Fawke

Fawke 2nd Gear in a 2009 S4 :-)

Hi all,

Just a quick newbie hello to the forum.

Picked up my 09 Audi S4 on Wednesday, which has made me smile from the minute I picked it up from Northampton Audi!

What a car and is a mega spec as well, in Phantom Black with the Red / Black Silk Nappa, DVD, Sat Nav, AMI, Sunroof etc etc!
    Really happy....

Just a quick one - When the car is fully locked, I can open the petrol cap still (press in top left corner). Im assuming this must be some sort of fault?

Any how, hopefully many happy S4 days to come.....!

Fawke
  2. Big Bird

Big Bird Member

Hello and welcome!

I'm pretty sure when the car is locked,the fuel cap does too.
  3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

When locked the flap should also be locked - there's a shoot out bolt to secure it. Of course the cap itself is just a screw on/off thing.
  4. longp2

longp2 Member

Fawke,

Can't answer your question as i am waiting to order mine but any chance of some interior pics, those are the seats I am planning to order and would love some pics/opinions.

Cheers

Paul
  5. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

Fawke, I purchased my s4 from northampton audi. Who did you deal with and how did you find it?
  6. Fawke

Fawke 2nd Gear in a 2009 S4 :-)

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. Yea, I gathered the cap should lock. Unfortunately the flap still opens when the car is locked, so il have to get that one looked at!

@Consilio
    I purchased it last week from Northampton Audi. Absolutely mint condition. I dealt with Micheal Stout and Lesley down there, really great people and what a car! I found it using the Used Car Finder on the Audi Website.

@LongGP2
    Il try and PM you some pictures that dont make it look mega RED when I get a second (tomorrow)! It makes it look real sporty and was also my personal choice.