1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal Plates

RGBArgee Dec 24, 2007

?

Are Personal Plates worth bothering with

Poll closed Jan 7, 2008.
  1. Not on yer life

22.8%
  2. Maybe

29.3%
  3. Yes they are wonderful

47.8%
  1. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

Well I run a private plate on the A3 that was also on my Golf IV, a pressent from the Mrs.

In fact the A3 has worn private plates for most of it's life as it had MarriedBlondes one on it before mine, with a short period of an 05 plate whilst the transfers were going through, and yes I've kept those plates for when I sell it.

Paul

2. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

Ay they weren't brilliant :sob:- but to I gained from your pain :)

3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

I get a private plate with every new car I buy .......................

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I have one, was a good purchase as it removes the age from the car.

5. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Rick Glover or whatever his name is can have his top specced car and nice home stereo and his holiday, but someone else could go and buy exactly the same car, wait 2months and buy the newer better home stereo and go on the same holiday but fly 1st class and drink nothing but champagne the whole holiday. Only you can own your personal plate so thats fare more exclusive and not a bad way to spend (and possibly invest) some spare pocket change.

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I'm wondering how much R1CK G would cost? :think:

7. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

8. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Well, I purchased my PP when I was self employed systems engineering contractor (prior to Gordon Browns IR35 stealth tax) and in a moment of sheer vanity.....it was G1 JBC (my initials are JBC) and I was born in 1961 so when I owned my BMW the unmodified bolt location allowed me to nearly convert the G to a 6 this 61 JBC....this was great until I was pulled over by plod on the M6 early one quiet sunday morning .....aqnd given a summary bollocking and told to fix it....sticks in the throat when you see how some people modify their plates.....

ANyways...the plate is now on my Audi A4 Avant 2. 5TDi Quattro Sport and its OK....

A positive is that I only paid £750 for the plate (special offer) and its been recently valued at £1500.....

The negative is that my ex girlfriends can tell who owns the car....thankfully its been spared any vandalism....

9. baynesey

baynesey well you better unsell them, sharpish!

cant understand car related plates (S3, TT etc etc) but, I've had my plate on 3 of my last cars, it reads my name surname if you substitute the "4" for an "A" LOL

I've wasted more money or far less pointless things like alchohol, drugs, fines, takeaways etc atleast I get to take this from car to car and it's personal to me, I couldn't give a monkeys what other people thought about it

10. richjohnhughes

richjohnhughes Member

lady on my street has M155 LED on her new TT drop - thats looks pretty cool.

also saw a Aston Martin with FA51 CAR, thats gotta be worth a bit.

11. Sam-K

Sam-K Has a throbbing red german.

Theres a F430 Spider about lately, which reads LILLEY .. quite cool. if that's her name.

12. boggysv

boggysv Member

:(
    Mine reads ASS.

If this was permanent, I reckon paying for personalised plates might be worth it.

[​IMG]

13. RicardoAudi

RicardoAudi Member

If it says ASS on the back what is the plate on the front?
    Great number, far better than a PP!!:tapedshut:

14. smitch

smitch Active Member

Got a personal plate with my S4.

It just reads S4 DM* which is fitting but i wouldn't pay for one.

15. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

I've just bought one. I keep spending money on mods which i'm never gonna get a return on. So i thought i'd get a plate which i can keep forever and put on any car.

16. RicardoAudi

RicardoAudi Member

In my eyes I dont spend money on mods or P Plates just on getting better cars!! Think about it.:cold:

17. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

My dentist has a pushbike with a PP - now that is sad!