Permission to join the the big boys club now.....

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
just been out and sorted some new wheels that fit now, with tyres and a pattern I like and not too dark either, and german quality....oh er I was just darn lucky this time round.
got a set of these little goodies, made for B7 fitment in an offset I can work with, also fitted with pretty well brand new decent tyres.
444yt

just need to give them a good clean up and i'm good to go...

Reactions: THQuattro, J0N, Sandra and 1 other person
Sorry Rob not my cup of tea....but as long as you like them that's all that matters. Please tell me you're going for 19's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake, Charlie Farley and Sandra
WTF, Rob mate you must be a nightmare to live with,

Rob's wife, " what you want for tea Rob ?"

ROB, "pizza, no hang on, burgers, no hang on again, egg and chips, ah wait a minute, think i'll have some more wheels to go with my chip's"

LMAO

Reactions: THQuattro, crazy88, Baka and 6 others
Sorry Rob not my cup of tea....but as long as you like them that's all that matters. Please tell me you're going for 19's

yep, 19" now, sent the other back yesterday after another fitment issue cropped up , anyway saw these and I liked the overall style and not to dark, the wolfs were nice but when the tires were fitted it was to much black, just the rims were great a color, but add the tyre wall black and it was too much aswell, these have al most new decent tires on , I only paid £400 for the lot.....couldn't really go wrong at that price to be honest and they are a very good quality rim.
Anway, personal choice as we all know but getting somewhere now.

Reactions: tony mc
WTF, Rob mate you must be a nightmare to live with,

Rob's wife, " what you want for tea Rob ?"

ROB, "pizza, no hang on, burgers, no hang on again, egg and chips, ah wait a minute, think i'll have some more wheels to go with my chip's"

LMAO
Like I allways say tony, " I used to be undecided , but now i'm just not sure" and it s only wheels that I have descision making problems....lol

just had a quick look at the prices for the goodyear eagles fitted, around here a shade under £600 for 4 fitted.....these fitted have barely seen dirt, kinda makes the wheels come in as a freebee then, and listen you lot, at least I've moved up to 19" so that's one something...lol

Reactions: Baka, tony mc, martin1984 and 2 others
just had a quick look at the prices for the goodyear eagles fitted, around here a shade under £600 for 4 fitted.....these fitted have barely seen dirt, kinda makes the wheels come in as a freebee then, and listen you lot, at least I've moved up to 19" so that's one something...lol
You tell the Rob. :) x

OMG I've just had a thought.....what happens when he puts them on and he thinks they are too harsh :scared2:

Glad you've got them sorted now though and that you like them.....but please no more wheel threads EVER!

It's only because I've heard it on the grapevine that it's an instant ban if you do.

Reactions: martin1984 and Stanningtonglen
what, no more wheel upgrade threads, what ever, ever,everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, oh wheely carl that's just not on..lol
just think of it as a service i'm providing carl, sharing my 1st hand experience of what its like getting alloys that actually fit .....let alone with big brakes....someones got to do it..haha

:sign omg: Don't believe you Rob until we see all 4 wheels on the car:haha: :sm4:

Reactions: tony mc and carlcall
what, no more wheel upgrade threads, what ever, ever,everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, oh wheely carl that's just not on..lol
just think of it as a service i'm providing carl, sharing my 1st hand experience of what its like getting alloys that actually fit .....let alone with big brakes....someones got to do it..haha
Well Rob fancy getting these i wanna see what they look like in our wagons
68974853ad84185376530be9cc2b286b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake, carlcall and Stanningtonglen
as long as your happy Rob that's all that matters mate, now get them on and lets see em

he might be putting them on as we speak mate, when he's decided what tool to use and what jack to lift the car with he might show us, hope i'm not in bed by then like, ha ha ha

Reactions: W2 NCC, martin1984 and carlcall
He's probably put them on and decided he doesn't like them and daren't come on and tell us!

Reactions: W2 NCC and martin1984
It ain't over till the fat wheels are on

sorry chaps, just been having a lay down after a hard day at work, totally shattered now.
I'm going to nip out to the garage now and give them a good old scrub up, then a few marks to polish out from one of the rims then they will be going on...
I'm going outside now chaps may be gone for a while but normally idiot service will resume shortly..lol

"just been having a lay down after a hard day at work"

defo a southerner lmao, a lay down after work what the f**ks one of them

Reactions: carlcall
tony, you come down here an take down a massive 50 year old willow tree , log it up , put all the small wood and debris through the chipper and then clear up the mess in 8 hrs, that's a hards days work mate...
anyway, enough of this , wheels are nice and clean now need to get my metal buffer on one to buff out a few small scuffs otherwise good to go, may give them a protective coating aswell.
not rushing them now , i'd rather do the job properly before I fit them....got a lot of work on this week so maybe the weekend before they are on .
all in very happy with them, now i'm going to sit down in my recliner with a nice cool drink and watch shed & buried...

Abc1
Abc2
Abc3

Reactions: martin1984 and Stanningtonglen
That's no good Rob, sorry mate there not on car, :haha:
we want to see them on :sm4:

Reactions: Baka, martin1984 and tony mc
i climb steel work and pipe bridges and blast & paint em on chemical sites Rob, pulling rose bushes out is nout my frilly shirt wearing mate lmao,

the wheels do look better in your pics than they do in the first one you posted hurry up an get them one, get the missus to put them on if your knackered

I do have to agree with Tony that the wheels do look a lot better than the ones in the first pic you shared and that you are deffo a frilly shirt wearing southern softie.

Reactions: tony mc and Sandra
not quite yet, in the process of buffing the rims , one mark is being a tad stubborn but i'll win in the end, then just doing a clear coat for some extra protection ....nearly there though.

By the time you get them on you'll have another set

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: martin1984 and tony mc
So true Gary....he's worse than a woman clothes shopping!

Reactions: tony mc
Those wheels are grotesque how dare you put them on a B7, they belong on a Nissan qashqai!

Reactions: DieselJake
Those wheels are grotesque how dare you put them on a B7, they belong on a Nissan qashqai!

OMG, Gary mate, what have you said, LMAO

dont be put off Rob if you like like stick with them pal

Reactions: Sandra
He'll be having another lay down Tony.

If it's the back rubbing on the arches just have a little more negative camber added and it will all be sorted.

If and when I get my new tyres fitted as there's no rush for me....I'll be getting them to add a little more negative to my rears as long as they are within the Hunter parameters for the car.

yep, really badly on the inner edge, I cant see why they should either as the offset is ET42 , anyway they are a non starter now tony.
I've managed to sell the bare rims in the last hour and keeping the tyres , I paid £400 for the lot so keeping the nearly new tyres is a no brainer really as they are around the £150 fitted mark per rim at my local guy and he is not expensive either, so almost £600 worth of tyres is worth keeping.
Sold the rims for a couple of hundred cash.
Not sure where to go from this point frankly, just going to have a think on it, I bet your glad yours all worked out ok tony...have a good evening chap.