permanent problem with the s3

s3withproblems

Reaction score
Hello all
Hope I can tell my problem in right words.The problem with my s3 is when I turn it on in the mornings(when the engine is cold) the rpm gauge keeps coming and going between around 700 and 1300 rpm for around 1 minute. And when the gauge comes down to 700 rpm the the car acts like it is going to stop and the gauge jumps again up with a shake in the car. It does never make the same thing until next morning. Every time I take it to service they clean the throttle valve but the problem goes on. Need help..

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
i believe you need a new dash cluster! take it to your stealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?? Surely if it was an immobiliser issue then it would run for a second and then stop.

(There is a method behind this madness, but I'll spare you an account because given the time I'm writing this it might not be perfect...) ...How about a dodgy Battery?

Regards,

Rob.

Is nothing showing up on VW's 1551 tool, or can you get to a VAG-COM?

I had a sensor fault once which caused my 1.8T revs to fluctuate a lot at idle. I think it was the engine temp sensor, but I wouldn't swear by it! Appeared on VAG-COM as a sensor fault, anyway.

I think maybes the idle speed (and mixture, timing etc?) depends partly upon temperature. And that was getting confused, because of strange readings from the temperature sensor...

Maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

temperature sensor may be the problem because I also have a temp gauge fault(It falls between 80-90 sometimes in the driving).I ll go and check it as soon as I have some time and money.
Thanks for advices.