1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

permanent problem with the s3

s3withproblems Nov 21, 2004

1. s3withproblems

s3withproblems New Member

Hello all
    Hope I can tell my problem in right words.The problem with my s3 is when I turn it on in the mornings(when the engine is cold) the rpm gauge keeps coming and going between around 700 and 1300 rpm for around 1 minute. And when the gauge comes down to 700 rpm the the car acts like it is going to stop and the gauge jumps again up with a shake in the car. It does never make the same thing until next morning. Every time I take it to service they clean the throttle valve but the problem goes on. Need help..

2. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

i believe you need a new dash cluster! take it to your stealer.

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    foolish3uk said:
    i believe you need a new dash cluster! take it to your stealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?? Surely if it was an immobiliser issue then it would run for a second and then stop.

4. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

(There is a method behind this madness, but I'll spare you an account because given the time I'm writing this it might not be perfect...) ...How about a dodgy Battery?

Regards,

Rob.

5. AndrewB

AndrewB Member

Is nothing showing up on VW's 1551 tool, or can you get to a VAG-COM?

I had a sensor fault once which caused my 1.8T revs to fluctuate a lot at idle. I think it was the engine temp sensor, but I wouldn't swear by it! Appeared on VAG-COM as a sensor fault, anyway.

I think maybes the idle speed (and mixture, timing etc?) depends partly upon temperature. And that was getting confused, because of strange readings from the temperature sensor...

Maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. s3withproblems

s3withproblems New Member

temperature sensor may be the problem because I also have a temp gauge fault(It falls between 80-90 sometimes in the driving).I ll go and check it as soon as I have some time and money.
    Thanks for advices.