1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permanant Live

vwgtiking Aug 25, 2014

1. vwgtiking

vwgtiking Active Member

Is there one available from the fuse area similar to the ignition live for a headunit? Need a perm live for boost gauge.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yeah just meter or use 12v screwdriver to check for lives, but tbh I would always use a new one unused by other systems.

3. john777w

john777w Active Member

Easiest one is the black/yellow on the headlight switch or remove the fusebox & find a black or black/yellow in there.

4. vwgtiking

vwgtiking Active Member

I don't have a meter or anything. Do you know if one in fuse box is permanent live?

5. john777w

john777w Active Member

Just to clarify, do you need an ignition feed or a permanent live, as the boost gauge only works with the engine running, I assume you would need an ignition feed?? Also does the gauge have illumination? as you will need a sidelight feed for that!

6. vwgtiking

vwgtiking Active Member

I need a permanent and ignition live for the gauge. But I already got the ignition wire. Just wondering if there is permanent live available from the fuse box.

7. john777w

john777w Active Member

There's lots of live wires in the fusebox, I would break into a thick red coming out of the fusebox, use a line fuse holder with a 2/3 amp fuse & run it to the gauge!