Permanant Live

vwgtiking

Reaction score
Is there one available from the fuse area similar to the ignition live for a headunit? Need a perm live for boost gauge.

Yeah just meter or use 12v screwdriver to check for lives, but tbh I would always use a new one unused by other systems.

Easiest one is the black/yellow on the headlight switch or remove the fusebox & find a black or black/yellow in there.

I don't have a meter or anything. Do you know if one in fuse box is permanent live?

Just to clarify, do you need an ignition feed or a permanent live, as the boost gauge only works with the engine running, I assume you would need an ignition feed?? Also does the gauge have illumination? as you will need a sidelight feed for that!

I need a permanent and ignition live for the gauge. But I already got the ignition wire. Just wondering if there is permanent live available from the fuse box.

There's lots of live wires in the fusebox, I would break into a thick red coming out of the fusebox, use a line fuse holder with a 2/3 amp fuse & run it to the gauge!