1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance snub mount

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by yorkster001, Apr 22, 2013.

1. yorkster001

yorkster001 Member

I'm due to replace my snub mount due to excessive vibration caused by wear. I've read up on a number of different products but not sure where to source the parts. Anyone have any idea where to source APR/ECS or BFI snub mounts? Cheers, Leigh
  2. g00se

g00se Member

Not sure about the above.. I have an Apikol poly snub sat in the garage waiting for the next time the front bumper is off

Snub Mount, Polyurethane, (Apikol) for B6-B7-C5-C6 Chassis - JH Motorsports Inc. - -- JHM. Shifting

You can save a few quid on shipping/duty etc by getting them from Eddie at WOT Motorsport iirc

goose
  3. Molnboman

Molnboman Active Member

Couldn't say... but always found it an interesting mod. Waiting till I have / need the front end off before I would consider doing it! Nice wee read this. Snubbed | Audiction

BR
    A
  4. weekenny

weekenny Member

Ecotune Scotland are an APR supplier. Stan is very helpful.
  5. yorkster001

yorkster001 Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Having read up on this I'm led to believe there's no need to take the front end off as per the following thread: DIY: B7 A4 Snub Mount Installation
  6. rizzini7

rizzini7 Active Member

Well after reading the thread. I went a head and ordered one from 034 Motorsport as I'm having my oil pump changed next week and thought I might as well get this done at the same time. $30 for the part and $67 for fedex post as i need next week wtf. Suppose it's still cheaper than one of the place I saw in the uk selling them at £85
  7. olethalb

olethalb Member

no need to drop front, just undertray and mount itself.

i got a green one (completely forgot make) from audiup in the states for about £60 by the time it got here and taxes paid.

mine cured my 'flappy' feeling engine but was later discovered that both engine mounts had died which inturn killed the original snub.
  8. g00se

g00se Member

is that the same for an S4 as well do you know oli?

my mech said it was a bumper off job so ive not bothered yet.. but of not, i'll follow that "how to" and have a crack myself

cheers

goose