Performance Exhausts

nervus

Reaction score
Whats everyones thoughts:

1. MTM - Way over priced at £3k for a cat back and £4k for TBE
2. I quite like the Milltek but cant find any prices for it.
3. I'd buy a Scorpion today, looks and sounds great, good value but it's 5 - door only!
4. Cobra, looks rediculous as cans look Hoooge and stick out too far!

Any other options out there?

Akrapovic are supposed to be working on an S3 exhaust.........they are the ultimate. Let's wait and see what happens.

Strange I just looked at the Remus website and couldn't find any mention of the S3.

If you think the Supersprint system is pricey, wait until the Akra comes out, if it even does. They have in the past spoken about doing systems for certain cars and then flopped on that.

Also, knowing what Akra usually does, it will be a slip on system, and not a full TBE, which will not mate up cleanly with any other system (even stock) given my experience.

That said, it does sound the goods.

And akrapovic will cost upwards of 5/6k

I also prefer the looks of the standard exhaust, if anything I'd just change the mid section and put a sportcat down pipe on it, rly wouldn't mess with the rear cans

Yeah depending on how many silencers are in the system one could be removed!

Also yeah akrapovic will charge silly money as it's usually titanium and they do 2 systems either just a backbox or a cat back

Why don't you contact Scorpion... they are GREAT at what they do and will work with you. I had the Scorpion on my TTS and I only ever needed to wipe the tail pipes.... the ****** pipes on my S3 are black and are a pain to get clean!

Reactions: nervus
Why don't you contact Scorpion... they are GREAT at what they do and will work with you. I had the Scorpion on my TTS and I only ever needed to wipe the tail pipes.... the ****** pipes on my S3 are black and are a pain to get clean!

Good idea I think ill contact Scorpion! Akropovic are amazing works of art but I cant justify £5k on an exhaust on a £35k car!

Good idea I think ill contact Scorpion! Akropovic are amazing works of art but I cant justify £5k on an exhaust on a £35k car!

I don't have any photo's of the TTS exhaust... but I did see it before it went on and as an ex engineer the welding was perfect. Best £500 I ever spent on my TTS :) and the sound was 100% better!

And akrapovic will cost upwards of 5/6k

Possibly a bit OTT with that estimate - Akra systems for the Nissan GTR are around 5k, can't see them pricing s3 option at that level. Still, cant see it being less than 4k, and 10% of car's value on an exhaust is getting silly.

Did someone develop aftermarket exhaust for S3 saloon? All i can find are for HB or SB (Scorpion, Supersprint, Remus, Miltek).

Possibly a bit OTT with that estimate - Akra systems for the Nissan GTR are around 5k, can't see them pricing s3 option at that level. Still, cant see it being less than 4k, and 10% of car's value on an exhaust is getting silly.

For a mk6 gti golf it's £3205 at awesome gti so I'm guessing for a audi s3 with exhaust valves etc etc it will be between 4/5k

Yeah that's just for a backbox I was on About a cat back after all a performance exhaust consists of more than a backbox

Whats everyones thoughts:

1. MTM - Way over priced at £3k for a cat back and £4k for TBE
2. I quite like the Milltek but cant find any prices for it.
3. I'd buy a Scorpion today, looks and sounds great, good value but it's 5 - door only!
4. Cobra, looks rediculous as cans look Hoooge and stick out too far!

Any other options out there?

I got the scorpion system for my 3dr and it cost me £650 for the catback and fitted! Just away to to order the sportscat section now, but in all, the whole system will come to around £1100 which isn't too bad considering the price of rival companies, and personally I think the scorpion system sounds better than the Milltek!

Reactions: CCWS3, Benw92 and illingworth22
I got the scorpion system for my 3dr and it cost me £650 for the catback and fitted! Just away to to order the sportscat section now, but in all, the whole system will come to around £1100 which isn't too bad considering the price of rival companies, and personally I think the scorpion system sounds better than the Milltek!

Got any photos? I recomend Scorpion based only on my TTS they were very good and even showed me round the shop floor ;)

Reactions: Aran383
@ Aran 838
So, did you just order the Sportback system and it fitted the 3-door?? I'd appreciate the pictures I'd be scared the pipes hang out the back too far. I'm not actually sure why they are different but Awesome GTI said it wouldnt fit the 3-ddor.

Im assuming the sportback is a longer car - right?

@ Aran 838
So, did you just order the Sportback system and it fitted the 3-door?? I'd appreciate the pictures I'd be scared the pipes hang out the back too far. I'm not actually sure why they are different but Awesome GTI said it wouldnt fit the 3-ddor.

Im assuming the sportback is a longer car - right?

I ordered and fitted it through my local tuning shop (Rtec auto design), but when I contacted Martin at scorpion, he told me there was a 3dr version for it. I'll do pics tonight, my pipes don't hang out too much, but I got told they could go in more if I wanted... I think it sits perfect as you can actually see the quad pipes instead of the stock pipes where they are hidden haha

Reactions: illingworth22
I had a scorpion on a old Punto sporting ( the max power one) ohhhh the same of writing this. Exhaust was pretty decent, just loud as hell, like stupidly loud, like setting off car alarms loud lol.

Not gonna lie, the non-res scorpion is quite loud, quite droney on the motorway! Haha

Reactions: CCWS3 and The Challinor
Would probably be too loud for me, I only lasted a short time with a stupidly loud system, gets tiresome after a while.

But I guess in a S3 that's super quick the noise at least means something lol

Yeah it does haha, but it's a head turner in town as the dsg farts, pops and bangs are loud! I'm still enjoying it though

Reactions: CCWS3
Yeah it does haha, but it's a head turner in town as the dsg farts, pops and bangs are loud! I'm still enjoying it though

Haha I can confirm Aran's car does sound great, nice deep note when on the throttle and the gear change farts are pretty loud (Too loud for me but I know he loves them tho!!)

Reactions: CCWS3 and Aran383
Pics and a video as promised guys:

video:

apologies for the video quality, sound might be better using headphones.

You know me too well Innes! haha it's actually slightly louder now too, and pops more on the downshift!

Reactions: J6YAK and Fiddie
You certainly can't miss those tail pipes!

Video won't play on iPhone so will have to wait until on Mac, why not upload to YouTube

Indeed! Haha I have had a lot of people staring at them and asking me if the car even came with quad pipes stock haha

I'm just away to do that, so should be up in a few mins

Sounds awesome! Have you had any lights on the dash as a result? That's the only thing stopping me from parting with the cash :D

Sounds pretty tough Aran!!

What size are those tips? (The diameter of the outlet)