1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance boost from a 1.6 TDI 2010 Sportback

agentjay Mar 17, 2014

1. agentjay

agentjay Member

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering how much performance can I get from a 1.6 TDI and will the mpg go down?

2. S3vroom

S3vroom New Member

You will get about 25% increase in power and economy will go up slightly. It all depends on who tunes your car.

agentjay likes this.
  3. agentjay

agentjay Member

Oh the economy will get better really? :eek: with a performance increase that sounds great, could you recommend someone please?

4. S3vroom

S3vroom New Member

Where are you based?

5. agentjay

agentjay Member

Scun,thorpe United Kingdom

6. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

You might wanna look for a car with bigger engine, unfortunately the 1.6Tdi has been designed with economy in mind not performance so it's very little headroom left in that engine... I would keep is stock if i were you, seen a few rods bent only from a tuning box ! The small on the rods does not even have bronze bushings anymore, even the old 1Z engine was better built 20 years ago !

7. agentjay

agentjay Member

I'm 18 years old insurance is mad for a 2 Litre or i would have purchased an S3 :p

8. S3vroom

S3vroom New Member

I've remapped a fair few of these now and all going strong, it all depends on who maps it and how its mapped. People these days just increase all the maps 10% and think they are mapping the car good.

9. nluk100

nluk100 Active Member

10. SmithyAG

SmithyAG Active Member

Pretty sure any modification is going to cripple your insurance at that age. I'd hazard a guess that a 2.0TDI as standard will be far cheaper to insure than a 1.6TDI with a power gaining modification....

11. Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

We get a typical increase of 4mpg, and a DPF friendly 140bhp.

1.6TDI RR.jpg

Rick