1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peliquin LSD

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by RichA3Turbo, May 11, 2004.

1. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

Right,

Looking into a Pelequin LSD for my A3 1.8T. Whats peoples opinions? Good idea or not?
    I think it would be a good idea, expecially with more power on its way within the next year. I know it wouldnt be the cheapest thing to have fitted, but should work well!

opinions please!

Rich

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mdt

mdt New Member

I've got one on my Golf. It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. If you can afford one, go for it.

4. RichA3Turbo

Staff Member Moderator

Think i may just have to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif How much was fitting?

5. cyuen

cyuen Member

i wish S3 can opt for somethin like this instead of 4motion hehe

6. GolfTTish

GolfTTish Member

Rich
    Mine arrived from the states yesterday. Took about 8 weeks in all, so be prepared for a wait. Good time to do it though as the dollars weak.

It's going to cost you arount £400 to fit though. I'm having mine done the same time as the clutch to save a bit.

It's going to be fitted next week, so I'll let you know what I think after that

7. RichA3Turbo

Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    GolfTTish said:
    Rich
    Mine arrived from the states yesterday. Took about 8 weeks in all, so be prepared for a wait. Good time to do it though as the dollars weak.

It's going to cost you arount £400 to fit though. I'm having mine done the same time as the clutch to save a bit.

It's going to be fitted next week, so I'll let you know what I think after that

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! I was thinking i would do the clutch and flywheel at the same time to cut down on labour costs.

Would be interested to see how it performs.

Cheers

Rich

8. GolfTTish

GolfTTish Member

Rich.
    Go for it. I've only driven mine back from stealth so far, and the difference is obvious the first time you come out of a roundabout in second.

The car tugs around a bit under full power, but it did that before.
    First gear now leaves two black lines instead of one, so at least my tires will wear out evenly again.