PDA + SAT NAV(TomTom) + Speed Camera Database

xenodrew

Reaction score
Hi all

After having a good hunt around to find a GPS system and thinking that it's just another highly stealable (is that a real word ???) piece of kit and what else can these things do for me anyway except to tell me what I already know when I'm lost . . . I thought I'd get myself a PDA with sat nav included. No wires, self contained and removable.

www.totalpda.co.uk

Acer n35 + GPS + TomTom 5 + speed camera database = £149 + vat & del.

These things are selling for cost on ebay without the GPS, so there's no real bargains there . . .

Anyway, hope this is of some use to you guys and gals!

just about to load tom tom onto my ijam qtec thingy, costs peanuts. already have origin blue eye for gps gatso detection, trying to figure out how to share the gps receiver with the pda

ive got an acer pin 570 which was £230 which is a poket pc with sat nav built in. works very well just tryna work out how to put speed cameras on it.
someone at work put sat nav on hes nokia phone.

TomTom Mobile is an excellent program for your mobile phone. All you leave in your car is the GPS receiver and obviously take your mobile with you.
I have that system on my Nokia 3250 and it really is a good piece of kit IMO

Got an HP 6515 (built-in gps) with TomTom. Works really well :) Just run a car power adapter from the glovebox, where I've got a 4-way 12V block (runs the IPod and phone chargers too)

Dan :)

filipharvey said:
TomTom Mobile is an excellent program for your mobile phone. All you leave in your car is the GPS receiver and obviously take your mobile with you.
I have that system on my Nokia 3250 and it really is a good piece of kit IMO

How much and what will I need to install this with my N75?

Nokia N series phones seem to have problems with blue tooth GPS aerial’s with TomTom so bare this in mind. I have TomTom5 for my Nokia 6630 and for my Daughters XDA I bought here for work and they run fine plus I only paid £5 for both PDA software and Sybian phones driven software like yours.

Does anyone know if you can get Tom Tom for the old Compaq 3850 Pda with the Sat Nav sleeve? It has a card slot so could be loaded that way. I used to run Pocket Co Pilot but it proved troublesome.

BrianM said:
Does anyone know if you can get Tom Tom for the old Compaq 3850 Pda with the Sat Nav sleeve? It has a card slot so could be loaded that way. I used to run Pocket Co Pilot but it proved troublesome.

I would think it should.