1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PD130 Manifold upgrade for AFN 110

ScottD3 Jan 15, 2014

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

Slowly looking in to doing a PD130 manifold on Audrey but got a question or two.

First off needed parts.
    PD130 Manifold.
    [​IMG]

EGR Blank
    [​IMG]

Its just a case of bolting it all on right?

My other question is, with the manifold and EGR blank fitted will there be enough room between the EGR blank pipe and the plastic hard pipe that's going round the back of engine?

This is the pipe I'm talking about.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Changed the manifold picture to a correct one...........Is it?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

If you have exactly the manifold in the picture then it won't fit, you need the one that it's a mirror image with the outlet on the opposite side... If you need one i have a pd130 AVF intake manifold, £50 posted...

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya TDi saloon Audi S8

Nahh its just an example pic which I noticed was wrong when I posted it up. lol

Changed.

Adamss24, That's for the offer but I'm information gather at the moment. I'm moving house this weekend so get that sorted out first.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. jbh

jbh TDi lover

Chris is this a worthwhile mod?

5. ScottD3

I think I've answered my own question.

Chatting to mate, I think we can get a custom charge pipe made up that goes from the rubber hose (where the charge pipe starts) direct to the manifold.
    That should save silicon joins and cutting down the EGR to fit.
    Just need to make sure the sensors fit and the brackets are in the right place.

Seems the better option.

Thoughts?

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Changing the manifold is a cheap enough upgrade but I would say won't make that much difference unless you are planning to go over 180-200 bhp.

Karl.

7. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

I have noticed better breathing and brisker mid range/top end with the PD130 intake and it's a good supporting mod for bigger turbo and injectors... However on my old 90Bhp AHH engine, the engine achieved over 200Bhp with the stock intake so it not mandatory...

8. jbh

jbh TDi lover

I would like to see around the 180bhp mark through time from my quattro. I want it to piss over my mates 325i E30:jump:

9. TeKnodriver

TeKnodriver Biodiesel Purrrr

Was thinking about the manifold swap some time ago but was put-off by the cost of the egr blank
    could a custom one be made cheaper?

sorry to hear about that fuel consumption Scott, hope you get it sorted!

ScottD3 likes this.
  10. ScottD3

TeKno, Hopefully I just bought the manifold and another AFN charge pipe.
    Once all the bits arrive I'll pop over to my mates place and see if we can fabricate a custom charge pipe from the manifold to the rubber pipe.

11. TeKnodriver

sounds interesting...
    once you have templated sizes I could be a customer for another one if the price were reasonable

12. ScottD3

Soon as its done I'll let you know and we'll work a price out.

13. TeKnodriver

cooool
    thanks!