PCV System part, cant find part number anywhere....

mattyboy199

Reaction score
As title I've looked at the Audi parts database but cant seem to identify this part or its number. I actually purchased what i though was the correct part but it isn't. Some help would be great.

Sketch 1426954869955 DSC 0782

I am aware of this but have already replaced various odd shape pipes so cant really justify removing whats there.

think i'll just buy some silicone elbows & barbed connectors to make one up

I may have spare pipes you can have. kept all my pcv pipes after simplifying it. I'll have a look tomoz.

You can buy these in silicone on eBay for arround £30, I think under the name brake vacume hose kit.

wb155g - that would great ! been on the search a while.

ayfreetree - a link would be handy, i did search but no results

You probably need the elbow, the other pipe attached is just a straight bit of hose about an inch long, there is an original one on eBay at the moment, I just had a look and a silicone one for £9.99, search for replacement brake vac hose on there and you will find them.

http://c1552172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/15681_x800.jpg

not quite the same tuffty but i'm sure it can be achieved using the same or similar elbows
What exactly are you trying to achieve? that forge pipe replace the V pipe that is a common point of failure... all the plastic hard pipes shrink and crack causing leaks... honestly dude, bin it all off... it will cost you more to put right than it will to bin it all off despite what you have invested...

You literally remove that whole thing in the picture I posted earlier... use a piece of 19mm hose to join the PCV elbow out the block to the PCV pipe going to the three way hose off the cam cover... cap off the larger centre outlet underneath the inlet, remove the hose going off to the servo fromthe assembly with the V hose and clip it directly to the side outlet on the end of the inlet mani... job done... no need for a catch can... just remove the trim panel in front of the inlet, unbolt the metal bracket and you will have all the access you need.. you will prob need a dipstick tube handy as these go brittle and break

<tuffty/>

I just need to replace that pipe on the end of the intake. Maybe i'm wrong but initially looking at that pipe its looks as though its all connected when its actually not (separate feeds). I'm all for replacing the whole lot but don't understand the system so don't really want to start messing around with it.

Its as simple as I mentioned above mate tbh... it looks complicated as there are a load of pipes in that pic above but it comes out pretty much as one whole thing and is simply replaced by capping off one outlet and joining two PCV pipes...

I have done loads of these and while I can appreciate its easy for someone to say its easy in this case it really is...

<tuffty/>

Yep, mine was leaking too and Tufty ripped mine out within minutes of me arriving at Badger5. On the plus side you're reducing weight so consider it a performance mod ;-)