PCP on a new Audi

W

Wifeb4Life

Hi been following Pez81's great mod log on his amazing RS6 but something was brought up in that thread thats had me and my wife thinking of possiblg getting a new Audi on PCP and not just a few years old second hand car.

It was brought up that you could use orange wheels to get a great discount that audi would match if you bought new, something we have never done before.

So we are looking at an A7 and we have 2 cars we will be trading in soon towards it, that we've already been offered £15500 for when we were concidering trading them in for a second hand a few weeks ago.

So at worst we have basically a £15k deposit, so we went on audi's car configurator and put together a spec'd 3.0 bitdi A7 with everything we wanted and it came out at £63k and with a £15k deposit it would be £360 a month for 3 years with a final payment of just over £25k if we wanted the car. We then built the same car on orange wheels and it came out at £46k (over £17k saving!) with £15k deposit puts the car at basically £30k to pay.

Now this is where we really need help as we are brand new to buying new and any financing:

1. Would Audi actually match that orange wheels price if we took it in with us to discuss?

2. £360 a month (with the £15k deposit) was already a cheap price to pay for 3 years when the car was £63k so although i assume with it now being £46k it would now be even cheaper monthly payments? however would it be recommended that i ask them to keep the monthly payments atleast £360?

2b. If so how will that benefit me after the 3 years are up towards either buying the car or trading up to a new car?

3. Do i need to get a PCP car serviced through an official dealership or can I still use my usual trusted indipendant garage?

4. Anything I should watch out for when going the PCP route and buying new?

Really appreciate any help and advice towards PCP and buying new, if the above is too good to be true for an Audi dealership to accept then I'll stick with looking at buying a second hand from probably not an audi dealership but I wonder if since this is the only way an Audi dealership would get my money this might be an option and I get a new car with the warranty.

Thanks

Can't answer everything but...

1. Can't hurt to ask. If not, try another dealership. Orangewheels only put you in contact with an Audi dealership anyway (Where r u located?)
2. The PCP agreement will have a Guaranteed future value as your final payment so the monthlies will only change if your deposit does.
4. If going for 3 years, you'll need a good 2 years before you get out of negative equity. If your seeing the 3 year term out then no problem.

Thanks i'm in north manchester basicaly Lancashire.

So even if I get the car for 46k rather than 63k I won't be able to pay more so the car will be less to buy or put me in a better situation with equity? Is it then better to to go for 4 years rather than 3 years?

Thanks i'm in north manchester basicaly Lancashire.

So even if I get the car for 46k rather than 63k I won't be able to pay more so the car will be less to buy or put me in a better situation with equity? Is it then better to to go for 4 years rather than 3 years?
Try for a quote on our system

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/discounted-new-audi-cars.291319/
Configure your car on the link above then enter your configure code and a dealer will get back to you on the link below.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/quote-requests/open

Yes, on a PCP deal the future value after 3/4 years is set (Theres a little wiggle room).

Basically take the full price, take away your deposit, add the interest. take away the GMFV (Guaranteed minimal future value). The rest is split between 36/48 months etc

If you want to pay more per month then reduce your deposit. If that is all PX money from your current car/s then you'll get some cash back.

4 years will reduce your monthlies further.

Either way you'll be in negative equity for the first 50% or so of the loan term. To start with, you're paying of the interest/drop in value as the car will be second hand/cost of options which is mostly lost money.

Have a look at Drive the deal as well They only seem to quote for the larger higher spec Audi motors but it's what your looking for anyway.
These kind of sites will put you in touch with a dealer who is prepared to give you a big discount compared to what a normal dealer would.
It seems that certain dealers work on selling a lot of cars at a small margin where as most go for lower volumes but a higher margin.
I am getting a Polo for the wife through Drive the deal and they are offering a 12.5% discount, where as the best any 4 local dealers could do was 5%. And none of them would even entertain trying to match the deal.
The dealer I am using is over 170 miles away and does free delivery of the car. I will be going down on the train to pick it up though. Only cost me £25 for a train ticket,They fill the tank with fuel.
A work colleague of mine has had 2 cars through Drive the deal through this dealer which is how I found out about this. I just went directly to the dealer.
You can service a car at any Approved garage it does not necessarily have to be a main dealer.
On the Polo VW are doing a 2Yr service deal for £150 so it will probably go to the local indie for the 3yr service.
If you are thinking of keeping the car beyond the 3 year mark then maybe think of getting an extended warranty from new. Really the only warranty worth having is a main dealer / manufacturer warranty. It's cheaper buying a warranty up front.

Thanks Sandra, I'll give that a go but first I just need to know as much as possible about PCP first I never go into things lightly and always look into as much as possible to make sure I get a good deal and wont regret anything.

Thanks Simon using that calulations that's £6100 over 3 years or £170 a month.

I'll really have to think about this as i've always liked to own my car at the end of anything (sometimes just savex up or used a low interesr personal loans) but I'd rather pay 3x the monthly amount above and pay £12-15k to buy the car at the end than have to pay £25k which probably ain't happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sandra
Good advice given here.

Use this website: http://www.pcpcal.co.uk/

to calculate how much your monthlies will be depending on deposit, GMFV and APR.

Something not quite adding up here - I think there is also a deposit calculation that must be included in the Audi configurator when you specd it, because if not your monthlies would be much much more see below : (I've made a few ball park assumptions)

IMG 0415

As even at 1% Apr the deal is coming in at £670 per month.

I think there must be a similar discount lurking in the Audi Pcp plan somewhere that would make the actual deal closer to:

IMG 0417

If you can get through orange wheels or similar make sure you have all the facts to hand, and do your calculations independently, as above suggests.

The other thing to note (and a lot of people forget this in the excitement!..... me included) is at the end of the agreement unless you pay the balloon, you will be left carless - and without 15k as a deposit again £350 doesn't get you much per month! Especially when you have come out of such a beast!

Just my tuppence worth, hope it helps!

Well I worked as a car salesman for a few years and my advice was not to put a huge deposit down! Yes it brings your car payments down, however at the end of the deal you'll have to stump up the cash or take it over another 3 years at a higher rate from Audi. Unless you go personal loan..
If you intend on definitely keeping the car at the end of 3 or 4 year PCP deal I'd recommend putting down a small deposit... Put your Mileage allowance on higher (I know that increases payment but your balloon payment will be less, try all avenues and see which turns out cheaper).
If I can help in any way drop me a pm I'm more than happy to answer any questions..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi been following Pez81's great mod log on his amazing RS6 but something was brought up in that thread thats had me and my wife thinking of possiblg getting a new Audi on PCP and not just a few years old second hand car.

It was brought up that you could use orange wheels to get a great discount that audi would match if you bought new, something we have never done before.

So we are looking at an A7 and we have 2 cars we will be trading in soon towards it, that we've already been offered £15500 for when we were concidering trading them in for a second hand a few weeks ago.

So at worst we have basically a £15k deposit, so we went on audi's car configurator and put together a spec'd 3.0 bitdi A7 with everything we wanted and it came out at £63k and with a £15k deposit it would be £360 a month for 3 years with a final payment of just over £25k if we wanted the car. We then built the same car on orange wheels and it came out at £46k (over £17k saving!) with £15k deposit puts the car at basically £30k to pay.

Now this is where we really need help as we are brand new to buying new and any financing:

1. Would Audi actually match that orange wheels price if we took it in with us to discuss?

2. £360 a month (with the £15k deposit) was already a cheap price to pay for 3 years when the car was £63k so although i assume with it now being £46k it would now be even cheaper monthly payments? however would it be recommended that i ask them to keep the monthly payments atleast £360?

2b. If so how will that benefit me after the 3 years are up towards either buying the car or trading up to a new car?

3. Do i need to get a PCP car serviced through an official dealership or can I still use my usual trusted indipendant garage?

Really appreciate any help and advice towards PCP and buying new, if the above is too good to be true for an Audi dealership to accept then I'll stick with looking at buying a second hand from probably not an audi dealership but I wonder if since this is the only way an Audi dealership would get my money this might be an option and I get a new car with the warranty.

Thanks
Thanks for the kind words mate. You just need Audi approved parts I refuse to go to my local dealer they are useless. I won't even go in to the mistakes they've made in the past. I go to one of two local tuner shops who know their stuff. So don't worry about dealer servicing. I've checked it out already it's fine.
I'd personally pay less if you can. PCP guarantees the minimum they'll give you trade in at the end. For the money your talking you only a few grand away from an s6.
Either way you'll have a great car dude. Good for you and your wife.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Thanks
Buy from any local dealer you can but so you know if you buy via orange wheels t gets delivered to your local dealer anyway. Crazy huh? So it makes sense for the dealer to take the sale so they can try and upsell you the care packs. Fwiw avoid the care pack they've scratched all my cars. I swear they use nails to wash them.

Reactions: AndyT306
Buy from any local dealer you can but so you know if you buy via orange wheels t gets delivered to your local dealer anyway.

I purchased mine through Orange Wheels, I had to collect from Crawley Audi - there was a charge to deliver the car up to me in Leeds.

It has been a real pain in the ar*e since, as I have to go through Crawley to get warranty work arranged in my neck of the woods. the after sales from Crawley has been shocking!

I purchased mine through Orange Wheels, I had to collect from Crawley Audi - there was a charge to deliver the car up to me in Leeds.

It has been a real pain in the ar*e since, as I have to go through Crawley to get warranty work arranged in my neck of the woods. the after sales from Crawley has been shocking!
It's £100 I think

Reactions: mcwharam

why? i bought my C6 from Portsmouth and had loads of warranty work carried out at Halesowen, they never got me to contact Portsmouth

Reactions: mcwharam
Thanks for the adivce everyone still researching options :)

Reactions: pez81