PC sound?

Jampublic

Taking it easy..
Reaction score
My PC sound card sounds like its under water? I have checked and my PC or speakers are not full of water! ;)

Any idea what the reason for this is??

Thanks

Always update your drivers as the first port of call, after that
Make sure on board sound (if you have it) is disabled in device manager or better still the BIOS
Check sound card is seated properly
Unplug and re-do all the cabling

Errr i may need some more help, drivers seem up todate! I will shut it down and check the internals! Fingers crossed! :)

Ok I have a DELL 3100 Dimension and it as some kind of built in sound card, not an actual sound card as per a normal PC!

I did shut down and check the internal connections, everything seems fine! I disconnected the speakers and reconnected them, no change!

Any thoughts :(

Go into the mixer section on your audio card and see what your speakers confiig is-while your there check no FX are being added.
In your situation i would remove the card from windows and install again,might be a quirky bug that vansihes if you install again:)

hope you get it fixed,always a nightmare when something in the pc plays up and steals valuable time from you-also ****** frustrating!

still no luck! :(

Thanks for your sugestions, the problem pursits!

have you tried another set of speakers?
if you look in control panel do you have any sort of sound card config or maybe in the system tray? on mine its a blue square with a white triangle in it (soundmax audio) because as JJ says I can select an underwater sound effect, god knows why.

You have got an onboard sound card called a Realtic Ac97. there not the best sound quality any way but it should not sound like that.

check your card has not got 1 of the "virtual surround" settings on.

Also if your using somthing like winamp to play your tunes, check the "DSP/effects" is not on.

it sounds like its playing at very low bitRate so check sound settings on sound card is set up right.

hope that helps mate

Yeah I would try headphones see if has same sound, could even be the powered amp/woofer at fault, try moving speakers around as maybe one output to speakers, another speaker set, even if latest drivers could be corrupted so download them again from Dell with service tag & install again, restart see if has any effect, Realtek also has them on there site but you'd need to know your audio chipset so dont bother, the virtual room surround effect settings could create that effect like Hall, Stadium etc, so check the Realtek speakers settings as I'm leaning towards this, onboard audio doesnt go wrong very often TBH so I'm not convinced its hardware faulty but try all the above.