Pay-as-you-go Insurance launched by Norwich Union

I

imported_Yaseen

Mainly aimed at young drivers

Policyholders will be charged a set monthly payment, and premiums for different times of the day will be charged at different tariffs, with a personalised tariff for every mile travelled during the off-peak (between 6am and 11pm) time zone, and a flat rate of £1 a mile during peak (between 11pm and 6am) times.

A range of benefits include 100 free off-peak miles a month, and a built-in car locator, helping customers to find their car if it has been stolen.

Drivers will be able to control their premiums by driving at off-peak times, the insurer said.

Read more here

A good idea, but what about if you have a long journey starting early in the morning? £1/mile is extautionate! The off-peak rates would have to be ****** good to make this work

Rich

Then you have an accident and dont have it in the car... insurance void. Its a sneaky thing that you could not get away with removing... They could also use the data in the event of accidents to say if you were speeding .etc

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh they're gonna get you on that RS4 grill!!! hehe

as for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Phoned ins no change and also phoned askin how much ins will go up if i fitted cat back exhaust NO INCREASE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, thats not to say next year and possibly new ins will like it !

we need less new drivers on the road then leaves more room for us to rip up the roads! LOL

i do think the driving test is too easy and more people need to fail, otherwise the M25 will ned about 7 lanes all the way around