1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pathetic horn

olds_kool Jun 13, 2008

1. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

had to sound my horn this morning cos a transit nearly took my front end off when he didnt notice me on his inside on a roundabout, good job my brakes work cos my horn is pathetic, made a friendly poop poop noise, checked my earlier car and it makes a loud aggresive beep beep noise
    is it a facelift 'improvement' or is my horn knackered

2. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

LMAO my horn sounds so Gay! its that quiet it cant be heard inside another car.

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

There are two horns, a high and a low.

I had the same thing recently. Turns out the low horn (the loud one) had been fitted upside down and must have got filled with water when I had my last engine pull. I suspect when the garage was removing the pump from the waterbottle it must have leaked some in.

When I took my horn out, it was obvious it was knackered as it rattled and was full of sh1t. Pick one up cheap as chips from a breakers.

4. Fraser

Fraser Member

make sure both are plugged in, i took mine for a cambelt and waterpump change and one was left unplugged

5. olds_kool

sounds like thats the problem, suppose bumper will have to come off, it takes forever to get it to fit back on properly

6. Fraser

Fraser Member

plugs are behind the lower drivers side bumper grilles so you should not have to have the bumper off.

7. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

8. olds_kool

ha ha thats more like it

9. Turbo Lag FTW

Turbo Lag FTW Hate those none insured you know who types

seen the vid where the guy does it to a cop, he was very keen lol

10. Z82

Z82 Member

When one of mine went I used the horn from my old coupe and got access via the wheel arch by gently bending the inner arch out of my way...

OK I cheated, I just tie-wrapped the coupe horn to the old horn and did the connections through the arch. Think I had to alter the connections though cos that was 2yrs ago now.