1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

passenger wing mirror help for 2001 S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Scuba79, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Scuba79

Scuba79 Member

[Mar 29, 2011]
    Some stupid idiot decided to push my wing mirror forward and snapped the black part, as per pic:-

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The wing mirror is electric and heated.

Just wanted to know if a standard wing mirror unit from a standard A3 will be ok and retain the electric and heated element? or does it have to be off an s3?

anyone know where i can get just the black plastic part where is joins to the casing to the vehicle? and the black plastic part that goes underneath the casing?

many thanks
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. mulli01

mulli01 Member

[Mar 29, 2011]
    when some idiot tried to nick my wing mirrors, they snapped the metal cast that attaches the mirror to the car door and left them hanging by the electrical wires, after a bit of research i bought standard A3 wing mirrors (facelift ones) swapped over the aluminium cases and they fitted fine - be careful though i bought a pre-facelift S3 mirror before i got the A3 ones and aluminium case was a different shape to the ones i needed/wanted (slightly bigger if i remeber rightly)

hope that helps